I Won, Citibank, I Won

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 1, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

JUST RECEIVED THE CALL AND THEY ARE REMOVING IT FROM EQUIFAX. YES!!! I AM SO HAPPY.

YESTERDAY WAS MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF WHEN I SENT OUT MY FIRST DISPUTE. IN ONE YEAR I HAD 18 NEGATIVES REMOVED ((ALL ACCURATE)INCLUDING THE CITIBANK ONE). I HAVE 5 NEGATIVES LEFT- ONE ON TRANS, TWO ON EQUIFAX AND TWO ON EXPERIAN. ONE WILL FALL OF EXPERIAN IN 1/2002 BUT AS WE KNOW IT WILL FALL OFF APPROX. 2-3 MONTHS EARLIER. I HAVE DISPUTES OR LETTERS OUT ON THE REMAINING 4. THANKS TO EVERYONE.

2. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Molly,
    Congrats on your success!!

Sorry, I didn't see your other Citibank thread....

What kind of Citibank negative did you have? And how did you go about getting it removed?

Thanks!

jmart

3. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

Great News! It shows that persistance pays off and it is never to late.

Even if you start today the result will be that someday you will have this kind of great feeling as well.

John

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

ITwas a Student Loan that according to my Equifax report dated
    7-26-2000 the status was: 11/96 I5, 1/94 I3

7-13-2001 status was: 11/96 I5

So I wrote a letter to them last year and tried calling several times but could not get anyone to listen. Finally on July 13 I wrote a letter through Planetfeeedback.com to the CEO of Citibank. I knew it wasn't the right person to send the letter to but I didn't care I just wanted someone to listen and get results. I had a lady from Citibank call me Monday and ask for copies of my credit reports. I faxed them Tuesday and today Wednesday she called to say it was being removed. I didn't get a clear reason why but it is being removed.

I told them it should be removed based on the fact that it has been more than 7 years from the date of first delinquency which was 1/94 but if I didn't keep that first report then I wouldn't have any proof. I also sent her "how to read your EQuifax credit report" just so she knew what she was reading and an old copy of my Experain credit report that shows the loan before it was removed last November. It showed that the loan was in collections as of 11/1993.

Anyways sorry to tell you everything but my point is Planetfeedback works for more than credit increases!!!! Now I am wondering if my score will increase???? I just checked my score last Thursday and it was 650. I still have 2 negatives on Equifax.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

GREAT news Molly, I am so happy for you. You worked extremely hard on this one and thank goodness it finally worked out:)

6. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

you got 18 accurate neg's removed in a year?
    you go girl, rock on!!!!
    congratulations