I wouldn't send Bill Bauer any $$$

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TomL3030, Jun 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomL3030

TomL3030 Member

1. He's not creditable. He supposedly makes $3-4 million bucks a year selling this creditwrench thing but he's trolling here personally for customers? I don't think so. Yeah, and don't forget about running 1600 websites and running used car auctions on the side.

2. He does give good advice frequently, but boy, he does committ some whoppers which no true expert would. For example, on the http://www.qualitycreditrepair.com board, there was a discussion on whether if you lost a person to person judgement, whether it would show up on your credit report. One of Bill Bauer's replies was "I tend to think that it would not show up at all since it is a private person going for the judgement, not a company nor collection agency. What I am wondering about is that since it is a private person sueing, who is going to do the reporting?" Of course anyone who knows anything about credit reports know that all court judgements are public record and it will show up on the public records sections just like leins, etc.

3. Another example of a whopper by Bill Bauer on qualitycreditrepair board was when he basically went on a tirade against how the evil credit card companies were selling debts without consent of the debtor, and how this was an illegal practice. Of course this is wrong. This is a common and legal practice. When called up on it, Bill Bauer backtracked a bit and said "â?¦one thing very clear is that if there is a clause in the contract you signed, then it's perfectly legal. If it's not in the contract you signed or you didn't sign a contract, then it might not be so legal." BZZZZT. Sorry. Wrong. Selling legal right to collect a debt under the terms of the original contract is always legal.

4. I close with my post on this matter dated April 16th..

My brother is a law student right now (University of San Francisco, class of 2002), and I asked him what chances would an amateur with a book had against a lawyer in a civil suit, and he basically told me "about as good as you doing brain surgery on weekends to pick up some cash". Then I asked him about a method Bill B. touts on this board, finding errors on legal papers filed by creditors and going to the court and having them overturned. He said the chances of having this done successfully done by an amateur isn't good since 1. you have to prove to the court that there was material damage to you by the error, and 2. you're going to be arguing point 1 against someone who's had years of legal training in front of the law. If what they have filed is substantially correct, you can't get it overturned over trivialities. So for an example, if they won a default judgement against you but you were never properly served, that would be grounds for dismissal. But he says that for anyone to sell a book based on the fact that "98% of court filings have error of some sort, and it's easy to get it overturned or dismissed if you buy my book" is at best misleading and at worst fraudulent.

TomL

2. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Good points, but I would have to disagree with the error portion of documents. Since I have personally found errors that would take a case in a completely different direction. Especially on cases that have been through judgment allready, I have had very good luck getting them vacated. It seems that a lot of creditors and collection agencies keep very bad records. This is to the advantage of the consumer. It really depends on the particular case. I will admit that most of my battles were won due to the fact that I was going to make the case to expensive for the opposing party. Oh well....

3. tltrader

tltrader Active Member

With respect to your message regarding vacating judgements, what would be some examples of typical errors that might make this possible (other than failure to serve properly)?

tl

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to start anything here, but I agree with the original poster. I would also like to add one more thing:

# Whatever) Why is it that Bill gets into arguments with almost everyone on this board? I personally like the fact that he is srtong willed. But I think that at times he is a little misguided. I don't think that I would buy anything from him due to this fact.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I send him money all the time. How else would I make a deposit to one of my banks in another state other than with a money order made out to myself and endorsed for deposit only with my signature beneath that? Other than that, I wouldn't send him any money either.
    1. He's not creditable. He supposedly makes $3-4 million bucks a year selling this creditwrench thing but he's trolling here personally for customers? I don't think so.

Had you bothered to read and attempt to comprehend the post you allude to, you MIGHT have understood that the statement was made by another in a conjecture based on a presumption of possible future earnings.. I didn't make the statement, somebody else did.

Next backstab please!
    Yeah, and don't forget about running 1600 websites

Not a difficult trick at all if you have a program such as Dreamweaver or maybe Cold Fusion or any one of hundreds of other html editors with FTP capability. You simply use one basic website and create a multitude of subdirectories and put a file called "index.html" in each of them. One 20 meg website can easily hold over 200 subdirectories, each with a n index.html file and viola! 200 new websites. Multiply that by only 8 actual addresses and you have 1600 websites in a virtual heartbeat. It's done for the sole purpose of making search engines think your website has a lot of popularity. Then you simply use a program such as Dynamic Submit 2000 installed on a few computers which are on a network operating through a router on one DSL line submitting all those websites to all the directories, search engines, FFA pages and what have you and you look for all the world like you are some kind of giant enterprise. Lots of other promotional tricks out there too, but that's all they are is tricks. But they make good money, and it's always the bottom line that counts, isn't it?

Not at all difficult. Easy as falling off a log if you know how.

Next tirade please!
    and running used car auctions on the side.

I don't run one, I work for one so I don't sit in my office and smoke myself to death and I can get paid at least something to get my daily exercise. I can go to work when and if I please. The auction is owned and run by a Mr. Gary Smith. If you had bothered to read what I posted instead of looking for ways to cook up kooky tirades, you would have known that.I've sure said it enough times.
    Next tirade please!

2. He does give good advice frequently,

Thank you!

Next tirade please!

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I have good news for you on this thread, Bill...

No one can say that anyone appears to be a shill for you.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

but boy, he does committ some whoppers which no true expert
    would. For example, on the http://www.qualitycreditrepair.com board, there was a discussion on whether if you lost a person to person judgement, whether it would show up on your credit report. One ofBill Bauer's replies was ((((("I tend to think)))) that it would not show up at all since it is a private person going for the judgement, not a company nor collection agency. What I am wondering about is that since it is a private person sueing, who is going to do the reporting?" Of course anyone who knows anything about credit reports know that all court judgements are public record and it will show up on the public records sections just like leins, etc.
    (((((I tend to think))))) would tend to let anyone with an IQ greater than their shoe size instantly realize that the poster was advertising the fact that he had no experience or knowledge on the subject and was looking for information from those who might possibly have the knowledge to answer the question. Most of us have enough sense, education and common decency to think about what others are saying before jumping into some kind of tirade. There are always those few exceptions, aren't there??

Next tirade please!
    3. Another example of a whopper by Bill Bauer on qualitycreditrepair board was when he basically went on
    a tirade against how the evil credit card companies were selling debts without consent of the debtor, and how this was an illegal practice.

Those theories were and are espoused by a Mr. John Gliha who also came up with the "million dollar" validation letter idea which so many of us have bought hook, line and sinker. His validation letter was and still is a pretty good idea
    if properly modified and properly used. However, if one does not understand how to use it properly and goes off into the wild blue yonder with it, it's about useless just like many other good ideas carried to illogical extremes.

Mr. Gliha also claims that using his ideas which he sells for around $750 on his dueprocess.org website, one can go out and buy a new car for instance and then turn around and sue the creditor because they essentially only created fictitious money which they "loaned" to you. In the process, I saw one of his posts which stated that it was illegal for someone to sell your debts without your express permission. He claims that doing so violates your due process rights.

Well, since I'm not an attorney and I'm not a legal expert, I figured I'd go get some opinions of others who might possibly have more knowledge than I. And I didn't want to play the fool by proclaiming someone else to be a fraud when I didn't know for sure that they might not just know what they were talking about. Didn't make much sense to me, but what do I know? Lots of things don't make sense to me, but they turn out to be good, valid and true in the end. So in my obviously inept way, I tried to learn something from others and save myself a lot of time trying to research something that I really didn't believe existed in the first place. Better to just ask somebody even at the peril of making myself look foolish and let their expertise and experience tell me if the man was right or wrong.

If you don't believe that Mr. Gliha espouses exactly those theories, just go over to his Yahoo discussion board and see for yourself. You will quite quickly see that what I am saying is true. It wasn't my idea, it was and still is his.
    Yet you try to backstab me for trying to educate myself.

Next backstab please.
    4. I close with my post on this matter dated April 16th..

About time!
    My brother is a law student right now (University of San Francisco, class of 2002), and I asked him what chances would an amateur with a book

What book? I don't have any book and I never claimed to have.

You just jumped to that conclusion in your ludicrous efforts to discredit.
    had against a lawyer in a civil suit, and he basically told me "about as good as you doing brain surgery on weekends to pick up some cash". Then I asked him about a method Bill B. touts on this board, finding errors on legal papers filed by creditors and going to the court and having them overturned. He said the chances of having this done successfully done by an amateur isn't good since 1. you have to prove to the court that there was material damage to you by the error,

And I suppose that denial of one's constitutionally guaranteed right to due process of law isn't considered as material damage??? According to you and your learned brother, probably not.

2. you're going to be arguing point 1 against someone who's had years of legal training in front of the law.
    ((((((If)))) what they have filed is substantially correct, you can't get it overturned over trivialities.

Man, there is a mighty big word! IF!! Small, compact and hardly noticeable. But it sure packs a wallop. IF wishes were horses, beggars would ride too, now wouldn't they???
    So for an example, if they won a default judgement against you but you were never properly served, that would be
    grounds for dismissal.

Well at least something is!

But he says that for anyone to sell a book ((((((based on the fact))))) that "98% of court filings have error of some sort, and it's easy to get it overturned or dismissed if you buy my book" is at best misleading and at worst fraudulent.

IFs, books that don't exist, yet you so easily overlook the (based on the fact) part.

Do you also intend to convey the concept that you are prepared and willing to examine 100% of all the default judgements in all the 50 states in this United States of America just to prove that some percentage substantially less than the 98% I stated that [[[[I had ever seen]]]] contained contained reverseable errors for whatever reason???? If so, then you are indeed going to have to prove yourself a magician.

Next backstab please!

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You sure got that right, Nana.

I don't need any shills either. LOL

9. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Hey Bill what about "ultra varies" damages that you werespouting off about some time ago. I called you on it and you were going to get a case cite to back your claims up. I never did see that cite. You continually use words phrases and concepts that sound good but are totally out of context and when called on it plead ignorance or that it was somebody elses fault. You are potentialy very dangerous Bill. A word to the wise steer clear of this lunatic.

10. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Just a thought, I spend hours reading this stuff for a chance to improve my lot in life ... perhaps a half price sale for people who are already doing their own research through this board would be a kind gesture.

I'm curious if your information would help my situation, but like many people who spend much time on the net, I strongly depend on the free exchange of information.

By the way, if I had to pay a yearly dues to belong to this board I gladly would, I have already been greatly helped from the knowledge graciously shared by many.

11. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

12. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yeah Dont send this guy anything.. Firned bought it I guess and was useless.. Not going to say him name for protection.... Bill might write a book about him.. Anyways. You can do this stuff yourself. not that anyone reading this does not know that.
    As for 1600 Websites...

Ok Bill
    What are they. Come on lets see them

13. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

I have read all the threads going on between Bill and Anthony. I think it's important for people to express their thoughts but in doing so to the public, as we do here, it may be helpful to simply state your credentials so consumers/readers feel comfortable in using/considering one's advice. I personally have no reason to not state my credentials.

I would love, for no other reason than curiosity to know Bills background and Anthony's. I find Anthony's information useful and usually unbiased. I like reading Gregg Fishers posts and I value Creditsense's input. I think all the experts here have a lot to offer at times as does the reader and average consumer who has advice through experience.

My credentials are here to let people know who I am. Just as an author would list his accomplishments and credentials, I expect as a reader to know who Kristi is if I am to even consider her advice whether it's free or not.

That being said, I'll tell you. I have been in the credit and collections field for over 17 years. I am currently consulting for several websites including Junum. I have written articles for Homestore.com, Military.com, Carreon & Associates and have given lectures at colleges including most recently, Saddleback College wherein I taught "Complete Credit Management" to a personal finance class.

I have been a licensed bill collector, trained Credit Union staff in effective collections and I have appeared in small claims court many times when I was representing credit unions or banks. I am NOT a lawyer nor do I have a legal degree.

I recently appeared on World Business Review hosted by General Alexander Haig as a credit expert and I am currently working on a book called "The Credit Bureau System and Making your credit work for you".

I try to give free advice as much as I can and function as the "Ask the Expert for Carreon & Associates and Junum. I am not perfect and don't know everything. I learn a lot from other experts here and the readers.

I don't tote my services here and I don't work for nor am I powered by any credit bureau. I am independent and strive to tell consumers the truth to the best of my ability. I became pro consumer after years of witnessing the torture that collection agencies placed on debtors and the lies tangled within the credit system. It enraged and disgusted me.

I use to do credit repair for consumers and spent years bypassing the bureaus red tape. You do learn from that and fast. I began consulting, writing and teaching what I new 5 years ago. I went from a creditors advocate to the consumers and here I am today.

There.. Now I feel better knowing you guys know who I am should you ever take my advice. :)

PS: I never offer legal advice because I am not an attorney.... :)

14. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

Typo..., S/B Knew not "New"... Sorry. :)

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks! I feel so badly for them in that respect...I kinda thought their fans were cruel..I can't remember the Avs fans ever turning on their guys..
    now...on the other hand...we won!! :::grin::: :) Thanks, again!

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Next backstab Please!

LOL

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yep, and on top of that, it's more fun than riding a Wal-Mart horsey too, isn't it?

Some education and some entertainment all rolled into one.

Great stuff, this internet.

18. bbauer

bbauer Banned

OK, 1600 websites...where are they??

Most of them aren't hard to find at all. You just have to use a little ingenuity and look for them.

You already know that at least two hundred or more are located on one website having to do with cigarettes. You only have 8 or 10 more websites to find. Not a daunting task at all.

Hey! What else you got to do, twiddle your thumbs or play tiddly winks with man hole covers maybe?

LOL

19. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, Kristi, that's a pretty impressive list of credentials.

I can't come up with anything near like that. I'm basically an old farm boy who grew up in Nebraska during the hard times. I can well remember nickle a dozen eggs and 15 cents a gallon gasoline and 10 cents a pack cigarettes. I can also remember day after day of baking in the fields under a hot Nebraska sun and freezing half to death walking 5 miles in sub-zero temperatures with my dad helping him earn 30 cents an hours scooping snow rather than the 15 cents an hour he would have earned alone. Thankfully, those days didn't last all that long.

I always loved to study, and I graduated from high school at 14 years of age. You could do that back then in the small country schools we had at that time. Then I spent 4 years in Concordia Lutheran College in Seward, Nebraska and graduated 4 years later. I went into the Air Force when I was just over 18 years old and decided I wanted to go back to school in England in my spare time. I graduated from Swindon College 4 years later with a degree in Electrical Engineering. I already had a good background in electronics and became a licensed ham operator at a very early age. I was also in electronics in the Air Force. I already knew how to fly and got my student pilots license at 14, same time as I got my first drivers license. We had a "next door" neighbor who had been an Ace in WWII and had taken just about every pilots training course the Air Force had at the time and he taught me to fly out of the alfalfa fields we used for landing strips back home, so I wanted to take pilot's training in the service, but old Uncle had other plans for me.

When I got out, I worked as a TV technician and went to night school to learn TV repair for two years in Omaha, Nebraska. I got a chance to work for a small TV station for a couple of years and went to school again to get my commercial radio engineers license. Then I married a gal from Gresham, Nebraska and we soon moved out to Los Angeles.
    I've spoken about that before in another thread here. Stayed there from the latter part of 1958 until early 1960 when we headed up to Seattle where I opened my own shop almost under the shadow of the space needle (so to speak) Then in 64 we moved to Denver and stayed there doing tv rentals and tree surgery in the summer time. Had a nice business going, and a chaotic divorce and remarriage led me to move to Wichita, Kansas in '70. Then in '75 I moved to Oklahoma City and went to work for Minneapolis Honeywell as an engineer. They sold out and I stayed on with the new company until '78 when I went down to El Paso where I met my wife and we opened a lonely hearts club known as Latin Mate. Then in '82 we came back to OKC and have been here ever since.

No formal legal training whatsoever. Just lots of experiences and hard knocks. Lots of fun, lots of lovin and lots of learning and other experiences I probably couldn't even stuff into a book and if I did, it would likely be pretty boring. I've done really, really well these last few years and I'm not about to go into all of that because some folks wouldn't want to believe it anyway and it has little to do with my non-existant lawyers degree. I've never stopped learning, going back to college nights from time to time studying whatever turns my crank at the moment,and I hope I never will, yet I don't care about fancy degrees. In my mind, it's not about what some piece of paper you hang on your wall says you know, it's about what you do know, and know well not only from schooling, but from hard experience as well. College teaches you how to learn. After that you have to go out and learn it the hard way. Doctors, Lawyers and Candle Stick makers all have to do it the same way. One step at a time.

20. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

That was interesting reading. Thanks for taking the time to post that Bill. I too don't believe a degree necessarily makes you a master. A lot of field training and hard knocks teaches one well :)

I pondered many times about going to Law school. A physician I once did some work for even offered to pay for my law degree. I had other plans though like spending my time helping low income families understand credit and become debt free. That was more rewarding and allowed me to study all the law I wanted to without having to, which only served to make it more interesting. I now also study Dreamweaver, fireworks and coding. I really punish our poor IT team with quetions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.