I wouldn't send Bill Bauer any $$$

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TomL3030, Jun 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I pondered many times about going to Law school.
    I've often thought about doing just that. Might just go do it one of these first days too. Why not, I'm only 71. Just a spring chicken.

A physician I once did some work for even offered to pay for my law degree. I had other plans though like spending my time helping low income families understand credit and become debt free. That was more rewarding and allowed me to study all the law I wanted to without having to, which only served to make it more interesting.

Helping others is by far the most rewarding of all. And not only in terms of financial rewards either.

I now also study Dreamweaver, fireworks and coding.
    Dreamweaver isn't that hard at all. It can get pretty complicated when you get into the time lines and some of the more advanced stuff, but by and large, it's pretty easy.

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Kristi, I am very impressed with your credentials. I on the other hand don't have any related to the credit industry. My contribution is strictly a financial one. Lend CreditWorks some money, a minimum of $1000 and earn interest on it. We have been paying over 19% APR since May '96. We are proud of our accomplishments and only wish to help. You can take advantage of good credit to improve your lot.

www.creditsense.com

3. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

I think you have plenty related to the credit industry. I have read your posts over the years and remember your comments on credit topics which I found accurate. It just happens to be that your forte is "making credit work for you, not working for credit" by maximizing one's borrowing power.

:)

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

5. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I see a lot of misinformation on this board, but I see ten times that much good info.

I wouldn't waste a moment discrediting any posters to this board, much less discrediting prolific posters like Bill Bauer.

If he's willing to spend his time answering, lecturing or even guessing on this board, then we should all be thankful that he's willing to dedicate the time.

(I'm a credit repair professional, and I'm here to tell you that he doesn't make appreciable money from business generated from this board. Even if he did, it would be a great thing, since we all benefit so much from his contributions.)

Thanks to all you who contribute information. This kind of exchange didn't exist five years ago - and the credit bureaus and credit card companies are running scared as a result of your willingness to share and (sometimes) listen to each other.

6. EPM191

EPM191 Member

Bill Bauer, G Fisher, Anthony VIllasenor--- & Or---
    I belive they run professional website relating credit repair or credit scoring. Even if sometimes they have argument due to different point of view or experience, still their participation help us who want to find our the most efficient way out from credit disaster. Thank you for your devoting time, even argument or debate.

7. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Jason:
    With respect I disagree, few actually benefit from misinformation and deception. Or were you being facetious with the above? (Just wondering.)
    EPM, I appreciate the appreciation. Just for the record, however, my site will have nothing to do with credit repair or scoring for that matter.

8. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I don't really want to go deep into this conversation, but I've been privy to inside, inside information regarding credit repair, credit bureaus and credit scoring. I have my info from the horse's mouth (such that I can't even talk about it without screwing up my sources.)

In sum, I don't see any more misinformation coming from Bill than I do anyone else (especially per capita.)

I think the populist nature of this board generates some mistakes, and that we shouldn't get too excited about that.

I have followed Bill enough to know that he says nothing with ill intent.

Let's be kind and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

... OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!

:) I couldn't resist. Hi, Jason.

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Wonderful information, credit amateur here...as for myself, I benefit 0. -Dave

11. Crdt Dfnse

Jason:
    Was there any real purpose for mentioning this, other than an attempt to impress what? I mean, I donâ??t understand because the statement isnâ??t in context with a follow-up. Did you have some point to make and forgot? Is there some subtext weâ??re suppose to connect? Seriously, I donâ??t understand why youâ??d mention such thingsâ?¦ In defense of Bauer or for some other reason?
    Certainly youâ??re entitle to an opinion, albeit however skewed. Nonetheless truly Mr. Bauer is the quintessential source of credit related misinformation, on this and other boards, by purposeful misrepresentation and duplicity. Thankfully the fact seems clear to most.

Again, respectfully, you apparently havenâ??t been following this menace too long. That is having stated: â??I have followed Bill enough to know that he says nothing with ill intent.â? PLEASE! Sell that to the Marines! I seriously doubt anyone with a pittance of depth, believes you believe what youâ??re stating. Although itâ??s nice of you to mention, the statement is hollow juxtaposed to a multitude of contrary Bauer posts.

12. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: I wouldn't send Bill Bauer any

Anthony wrote: "Thankfully the fact seems clear to most."

Now, I don't know if that statement is true or not, but it looks like the verdict among people who take time to post seems pretty well divided between defenders and naysayers. Anthony, is it possible that you're so convinced of your position in this matter, that you're simply assuming that most people agree with you? Frames of reference are pretty powerful! (To be fair, of course, it's equally possible that you're just correct in your assertions!) Irrespective of who's correct vis-a-vis all of this, I will say that these debates have been useful for me in considering the credit repair issues under discussion.

Doc

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

My 2 cents..cuz I'm saving the rest for my down payment (LOL) is to say that it is nice when people share information, etc. However, when that information is peppered with insults, accusations, and hurtful remarks, it clouds the credit information. I truly don't know if I'd go as far as using the word "prolific"...that's a bit much...but I think if the info could be shared without the negatives, it would be much more valuable. In fact, I would use that to describe only...the, um, Avalanche, Yeah! :)

Ok..I'm done...for now....

14. Crdt Dfnse

PsychDoc:
    Well yes I suppose that is possible, yet no more so than being among those who certainly realize the Pilot is drunk (or not a Pilot at all) and attempts to warn passengers. Clearly those whoâ??ve already boarded the aircraft want proof before deplaning, perhaps so as not to appear foolhardy and gullible (a subjective point, on the latter). Still Dr. if the consensus is evenly split, can we expect a thread in defense of Bauer to be engaged?

While I am totally convinced this man is a menace, I donâ??t expect others less knowledgeable to readily believe me. Yet consider thisâ?¦ I would not make such an accusation were I not certain of the facts, and prepared to prove them accordingly. Iâ??ll open an investigation later today, once Sacramento opens as itâ??s 8:15 AM here in California (at time of this writing).

In short I hear what youâ??re driving at, and appreciate the aim. Although rest assured I am not some irrational malcontent foaming at the bit for retribution, but a concerned professional. Iâ??ve seen the damage incompetence can do and am obligated to help others avoid it, when humanly possible. Letâ??s put it this way; if you saw someone posing as a medical professional yet lacking the expertise. Iâ??m sure youâ??d feel as I and would perhaps take action to stem harm toward others?

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

All we have to do is to consider the source in these personal attacks which are referred to in this thread to understand why they persist.

In case anyone has failed to analyze Anthony's tag line, I would suggest they do so at the earliest possible time.
    It is extremely informative and clearly reveals him to be a collector of debts. A bit of reasoning then should lead us to the understanding that his attempt to discredit stem from the likelhood that he is in here spreading his hate and discontent for the sole purpose of attacking and discrediting those who might possibly have gained enough skills to make his efforts to collect for his clients more difficult if not in some cases impossible.

He isn't stupid, he's just trying to make sure there are no thorns in his bed of roses.

He'd like to make us think he's not selling anything and just offering his "professional" advice because he's a good guy. He's even had the temerity to state that he hates to see the little guy get bit, all the while doing all he can to keep them from gaining some modicum of defense against the venom he spits out when he goes about his true business of snatching up all of their assets he can via his collection efforts on behalf of his clients.

Mr. Nice Guy indeed!

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

NanaC

Couldn't agree with you more.

Funny how often people who initiate the attacks and loudly proclaim their self-righteouness and helpfulness turn out to have their own ulterior motives for doing what they do.

Now can you imagine a self proclaimed professional bill collector might gain from attacking anyone who might even remotely have some information or tactic that might be harmful to his enterprise yet was not able to gain access to that information for free so he can figure out how to defeat it or render it harmless to himself?

Remember yesterday's statements that his website isn't going to be about credit repair?

Have you noticed his tagline? Really stopped to consider what it says?

He's out there collecting debts and useing the information we let him in on to further his own ends. He isn't in here with any intentions of helping anybody. All he is doing is discrediting people who might actually have something helpful.

He's worse than the fox guarding the chicken coop.

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

::::::::::::knocking on computer screen::::::::::::

Hello in there? There's a big idea here!

Insults - BAD! Credit Info - GOOD!

sheesh

18. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Okay, if we are having a poll here, I can safely say that I AGREE with Anthony on this one. That's my vote.

19. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Ok!
    Now we have the chickens patting the fox on the back.

What's next?

LOL

20. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

I think we should ask to have this thread closed while everyone is still playing nice, nice.

The world of credit is challenging, the climb to the top is exhausting and if we are not careful expensive.

The credit card companies are charging us a major premium for each black mark on our record.

Every bit of good information is a chance to reduce this cost; some people choose to do this alone others pay for the help.

The bottom line is any improvement may well be worth what it saves in additional premiums levied upon past sins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.