I wouldn't send Bill Bauer any $$$

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TomL3030, Jun 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Re: I wouldn't send Bill Bauer any

Quite true yet when the incompetent escalate such costs by frivolous and erroneous means, it affects us all; even those without credit problems!

2. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

When I found this board I was a very desperate and scared person (still am) looking for help in my hopeless situation. For those looking to repair their cra files that is one thing, for those like me who are currently in default of their credit obligations posting on this board is quite another. The past flame wars as well as this one, has cautioned me against posting and revealing too much of my situation. Yes I admit I am paranoid and scared to death, but I have to assume there are others out there who are in my position and so just lurk here trying to learn what they can do to help themselves out of the mess we find ourselves in.

I find it quite disturbing that from time to time some posters who disagree, or dislike another poster, will threaten negative action against the poster. It makes it abundantly clear that "Straight Talk" or a posters' opinion is not always tolerated or accepted and when it is not, then threats are made. How can this board succeed, if people are not allowed to freely speak their minds and bring forth their thoughts on a subject? It seems very wrong that a poster would take negative steps toward another just because he elects to have a personal fight online with another poster on this board.

I do not know Bill, however, in reading this board I am reasonably certain why he is here and feel he is not a threat to me. Anthony, on the other hand, is another matter. I could be wrong but it seems that he has indicated in past post that "He is a highly paid person of the Court" that he is an "Arbitrator", I believe for the creditor. So I (again my paranoia) have to wonder if he does work for one of the creditors or ca's on any of my accounts? Will I one day actually face him as an arbitrator on one of my debts?

So for now, I just mostly lurk on this board and try to learn......as I am sure many in my position are doing which partly explains why there are so many "Views" in relation to actual posts.

Just my Plug Nickel's worth.
    tml

3. Crdt Dfnse

TML:
    LOL, no Iâ??m not a spyâ?¦ That would be a clear violation of FDCPA wouldnâ??t it, using false and deceptive means to gain information? Please, get serious! [;-)

Yes Iâ??ve worked for creditors â??ANDâ? consumers, which is the nature of mediation (Iâ??m not an Arbitrator). And please name one instance, just one, where Iâ??ve not gone out of my way to assist with creditable information; based on practical experience? Go ahead, name just one instance where Iâ??ve remotely come close to justifying your fears? While you do that, Iâ??ll be compiling my weekly list of deadbeatsâ?¦ And reporting to my clients! :)~

4. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Originally posted by amaineman
    â?¦
    The bottom line is any improvement may well be worth what it saves in additional premiums levied upon past sins
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply Anthony

Quite true yet when the incompetent escalate such costs by frivolous and erroneous means, it affects us all; even those without credit problems!

Anthony that is not the major concern of this group. MBNA a major employer in Maine turned a 330 million dollar profit first quarter this year.

I am one of those people who will be protesting frivolous items on my credit report. Many of them related to the date reported; dates two years after the fact, or as charge-offs not a 11/1998 BK discharge.

Everyone here is attempting to improve their credit history. The fact that they are making the effort reflects the likelihood that the next time they will use credit carefully.

Most people here also have many incorrect notations on their reports.

Why waste each others time making hurtful comments or broad assumptions?

Bottom line: I am here in hopes of improving my credit history. To do that I will be following up with the credit bureaus on every little detail that has not been reported 100% accurate even if it is frivolous.

In the process I hope to help others by sharing my experiences and in exchange they have already helped me. I will not pass judgement on others, just the companies that profit from the errors.

Once again it is time to play nice.

5. Crdt Dfnse

Well, I hear ya! Albeit a bit late to â??play niceâ? at this stage of the game. Perhaps my upcoming post on the open board (entitled: Open Letter Re; Bauer Issues) will explain more? Although I assure you, there is a method to what only appears to be madness. [;-)

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

We can all play nice, nice all the time if we all want to, which I honestly do.

We keep on demanding that threads get closed, pretty soon the whole thing might get shut down and then what do we do.

Personal attacks should never take place between adults.
    but the do because it's simply an imperfect world.

7. KristyW

KristyW Well-Known Member

Hey Kristi (if you are still reading this)

How the heck are ya? I haven't been posting much myself lately, not for about 6 months...been pretty busy. I notice Christine shut down her board as well. Bummer. Well, see you around here - how's business.

Kristy Welsh
    http://www.creditinfocenter.com

8. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

Hi Kristy!
    It is so good to hear from you. I always wonder what the heck you are doing these days. Christine got sick of the problems with the server or something and decided to pack it in. I really enjoyed her board. Lot's of no fluff info. How is CreditInfo doing? I am busy these days with several projects.

Would love to get together and write a great article or two for each other :).

Please keep in touch and take care.

9. KristyW

KristyW Well-Known Member

Sure, Kristi, let's get together and write something. I am currently in the midst of publishing a book based on my site. An article I would suggest is: I am pretty intrigued by all the Debt Validation talk that's going on here and would really like to do something on that, if you are interested. You know my email addres....

Kristy
    http://www.creditinfocenter.com

10. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

That sounds great. I have a huge journal going on about debt negotiations and validating debts past the CRA and at the root with the creditor. I will email you and we'll discuss some content.

Cheers!

11. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Your posted Threat to contact Sacramento Re: Mr. Bauer!!!!!!
    tml

12. Crdt Dfnse

TML:
    You know Iâ??m not trying to be rude with the following, however; have you considered seeking professional help for such feelings of paranoia and suspicion? I ask because my dealings with a certain issue or affiliations with the state, can in no way affect or tend to affect a consumer like yourself (if thatâ??s truly whom you are and not a shill for another?). To rationalize otherwise is, well frankly, imbalanced. So my suggestion for professional counseling isnâ??t meant as a slight or put-down, by any means.

Certainly youâ??re entitle to opinion, and I respect that. Only please make certain your opinions are founded in reality, not conjured by fear of monsters that simply donâ??t exist. (Man! And I thought collectors were a jaded breed!)

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

So the resident bill collector is not trying to be rude while he makes snide remarks about your sanity????

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Are we seeing the latest new technologies in ad hominum attack methods??

14. Crdt Dfnse

TML:
    You know, just so that youâ??ll not think I meant any harm through my prior comments; allow me to briefly explain my reasoning? Because I only mentioned your seeing a professional, as I would one with a severe cold or flu. Mental stress perhaps caused by an overwhelming debt problem (which you may have, Iâ??m not certain) can sometimes cause people to think inappropriately and act strangely.

Seeing a professional counselor isnâ??t something shameful or to be frowned upon (nor used as a foil to discredit another), it can be a serious condition that requires attention. Whereas your comments and reactions to me, reflect that you may be feeling some stress; and may need to talk about it with a trained person.

Nonetheless, I apologies if I offended you in any way and ask for your forgiveness. My intent was only to express concern, certainly not ridicule nor to make light of a possible situation.

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

TML:
    explain my reasoning?

TML, I really like that little question mark he put after his statement. Lots of possibilities in that little mark, eh???
    Because I only mentioned your seeing a professional, as I would one with a severe cold or flu.

Professional what? Let's see now then. A bit of common sense would tell us that we are supposed to see a medical professional about a physical dis-ease. But the advice of a professional debt collector about the possibility of our having either a cold, a flu, a mental ?????????

Seems to me that comes dangerously close to practicing medicine without a license.
    Mental stress perhaps caused by an overwhelming debt problem (which you may have, Iâ??m not certain)

Couldn't say for certain without an office visit, eh?
    can sometimes cause people to think inappropriately and act strangely.

OOOOOOHHHHHHH! Now you think inappropriately and act strangely?????

Now he's bordering on either practicing psycology or psychiatry without a license.

Seeing a professional counselor isnâ??t something shameful or to be frowned upon it can be a serious condition that requires attention.

Indicates he wants you to rush right down to his office and lie down on his couch too!!!

Whereas your comments and reactions to me, reflect that you may be feeling some stress; and may need to talk about it with a trained person.

Well, it appears that you may be in luck after all, TML.
    Just so happens that there is a trained person in the house who is well trained in the field(s) under discussion.

Maybe he will volunteer his professional opinion. In that event, you won't have to rely on the opinion of a professional debt collector about any such things.

16. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Anthony:
    You asked me to name "Just One Instance", where you even came close to justifying my fears. When I respond you blast me as an unbalanced, deadbeat shill for Mr. Bauer....Again for your reference, my knowledge of Mr. Bauer is the same as it is for you, only what I read on this board, nothing more.

You can bet your bottom dollar that I value you and all the posters on this board, the information, help, support and (most times) courtesies extended from this board on a daily basis is of un-measurable value. However, there is always a line that one should never cross-over, isn't there?

You Sir, in "My Opinion" have crossed over the line in your actions against a poster on this board. One has to wonder who will be next (yes my unbalanced and paranoid mind again). How will your actions ultimately affect this board? Or is this just an isolated case? One that you will not justify repeating in the future?

Yes I know that I may be jeopardizing my chances of ever getting help on this board by speaking out, but this just is not right! I am sure that I do not know the full extent of the problem between you and Mr. Bauer, but it has to be much more than what is listed in the posts between you two, for you to take such serious action.....
    "Just An Unbalanced Mind, trying to "Keep the Faith"
    tml

17. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Anthony:

You do not need to apologize to me...I respect your right to your opinion and your right to express it. I obviously come across to you as you described...so be it.

It doesn't change the fact that it is hard for me to figure out from your posts why you felt the need to proceed against Mr. Bauer as you elected to do. One has to assume that you have been taken or cheated by Mr. Bauer.....or WHAT????????

"Trying to Keep the Faith"
    tml

18. bbauer

bbauer Banned

TML:

Yes I know that I may be jeopardizing my chances of ever getting help on this board by speaking out, but this just is not right!

Let me tell you that you are not going to jeopardize your chances in any way. We got this guy spotted for what he really is now.
    I am sure that I do not know the full extent of the problem between you and Mr. Bauer, but it has to be much more than what is listed in the posts between you two, for you to take such serious action.....

I probably don't know about the "full extent" either, TML, but it don't take much to figure out at least some of it once we realize that he is a collection agency. He has publicly announced that fact in several of his posts over the last couple of days, so that's not me attacking him, it's him finally admitting the truth.

Since we now have that as fact, we can pretty safely assume that he would not want anyone knowing how to thwart any collection efforts he might be making in the future for his clients, who might just possibly be those whom we are trying to work with in order to get the errors put on our credit reports by him and his ilk. So he does everything in his human power to eliminate or reduce the effectiveness of those whom he sees as a serious threat to his business.

And then if anyone dares to stand up for what is right or defend the target of his barbs, he simply accuses them of possibly having a few bats in their belfries.

It's an age old trick. It's called propaganda. Hitler, Stalin, Musolinni and hundreds more like them used the same tactics over and over again to defeat their political enemies, so he's just borrowing a few pages from history.

Nothing new in that. Only problem is that the internet has made people a bit wiser than they were a few years back.
    So the old tactics don't work so good anymore.

Don't fret yourself about not being able to get any help or advice here on the board. There is plenty of it out there.

Have a nice day.

I really do feel sorry for the poor guy, he's trying his level best to fight a battle of wits while only half-armed.

But you gotta give him credit for trying.

19. Crdt Dfnse

TML:
    Folks (people) often see situations as they are, not necessarily in-line with truth. I canâ??t help your opinions to improve if on one hand you distort events, and on the other criticize something youâ??re clearly misunderstood. Thatâ??s fine for an expression of opinion, and Iâ??m not knocking you for it. Because my explanation of events can be summed like this: The fool identifies himself by foolish conduct, whereas the wiser person permits him to do so without stating the obvious.

20. bbauer

bbauer Banned

TML:
    Folks (people) often see situations as they are, not necessarily in-line with truth.

[[[I canâ??t help your opinions to improve]]]

if on one hand you distort events,
    Interesting indeed!!!

First we see situations as they are, not necessarily the truth.

If that's not the case, then we must be liars!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.