iAdvantages credit card?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Om, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Does anybody know their credit requirements, who they pull from or even if this is a good card to have?

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I am only guessing but I think this is a DMB product. If it is- BEWARE

Best regards,
    Sam

3. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a Direct Merchants Bank product. I have the rate rewards card, and I've been very happy with it. I just got my rate down 2 points from 14.89 to 12.89%. Hopefully it can go down more. They said at the end of the year, I'd go from their gold to their platinum card.

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

DMB was hit with a class action lawsuit for their deceptive practices...I closed my account after several problems.

5. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

What kind of practices did they do? I'd like to know so I can watch out for those types of things.

6. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

I was upgraded from Titanium to DMB Platinum.

A 6 month fixed promotional rate of 3.99% for new purchases. After the 6 month promotional purchase period, any purchase balance will return to a long term Puchase Rate of 11.24%.

Currently-3.99% APR
    Annual Fee- NONE
    Credit line- 5000

The index for the Purchase Rate is 3.24%.
    The index for Cash Rate is 8.24% using the prime rate of 8.00%.

I've been extremely happy with them.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

UPGRADE GOES...
    SILVER~GOLD~PLATINUM~TITANIUM

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DMB???
    @ 11.24% ???

9. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Hi GEORGE,

I've been a customer of DMB for 17mos. everything went nice and smooth for me beside their late reporting to the CRA's.( 6 mos.)

Their cards level benefits are Titanium,Gold, and Platinum.( other banks maybe differ from the above)

I think my 11.24% APR is not the lowest, some poster in this board has better Purchase Rate then me, something like 9.7% and thats awesome.

But again, I've been extremely happy with DMB.

10. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Herman,

What did you say to get the upgrade with the promo rate? I tried about 5 months ago to upgrade from Titanium, and they told me I wouldn't get anything better, so why bother.

I also have the 11.24%, should come down to 10.99 once they catch up with prime :)

11. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

I hope not. I just went from secured Titanium to unsecured Gold. They're the best of the secureds I have dealt with. I have a Cap One, which isn't too bad either, and I had a FCNB that I closed. DMB is a bit scatterbrained at times, but their CS has always been nice, they've always posted payments promptly (usually before the money is even debited). I've heard a lot of warnings, but I've liked them.

12. SCHOLR

SCHOLR Well-Known Member

I'VE HAD ONE OF THEIR PLATINUM CARDS FOR

OVER A YEAR, 9K LIMIT, PLUS 1K MORE AFTER I

THINK 6 MOS., IT WAS 2.9 FOR FIVE & THEN VAR.,

CURRENTLY 11.9, NO PROBLEMS AND I THINK

THEY HAVE THE BEST ON-LINE ACCOUNT INFO.

WEB-SITE, REPORTS ON BUREAU AS METRIS COS.

13. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

JacquiG,

I received a letter from Pat Fox ( President of Direct Merchants Credit Card Bank, N.A.) offer me the 3.99% promo.

They're not telling you the truth, just go to their website and take a look at their cards level benefits and make a decision for yourself of what you are missing.

TITANIUM CARD DOESN'T HAVE MASTER ASSIST PROGRAM.

FYI: I done nothing to accomplish the Platinum Card, meaning I did not ask for it. Moreover, I used my card similar to a charge card. I think they're trying to hook me up into building a large balance, perhaps jacking up the rate later on........

FUSA~ FLEET~ NEXTCARD

14. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Are we talking about the iAdvantages card or direct Merchants bank in general? Nobody has said what type of credit rating you need or who they pull from either.

15. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I've had the Titanium for about 2 years now. I'm very happy with it. The lawsuit was for pushing extra products like purchase protection and credit insurance. When I got mine, they automatically gave me 60 day trial of the purchase protection with the card - no opt out, if you wanted the card, you took the 60 days. I had no trouble cancelling it though.

They've raised my limits, lowered my rate, given pretty much excellent service. There have been some wierd communications from them, LOL, but not really a problem.

They lowered my interedt rate, then raised it. I asked why, they gave some insane answer. I wrote back (online email) and got another silly response. Then I got my bill, and they had lowered it back to where it was and credited the extra interest to my account.

They issue cards to good and bad credit, and they allow upgrades, so as your credit improves, your account reflects it.

I think enough of them that I told my Mom to accept the Titanium they offered her. If they cannot give you the terms or card you apply for, they will give you another one. Take it, pay on time, stay under the limit, use the card, call them often, and you will be pleased.

breeze

16. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

What about the DMB Rate Rewards card? I looked on their site and if I understand their information correctly, you can get this card even if your credit is not good, ie. secured card. Does this mean that your rate with on-time payments after six months will decrease even under these circumstances? I am assuming after six months they take into account your payment history with them only.

Also, if they require you to go secured, how long until they unsecure you?

17. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

I went to the site & it looked like it's only for internet use? Is that right?