ic system

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bjoe, Mar 15, 2001.

1. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

Has anyone heard of IC system? I received a message to call them and checked their web site first www.icsystem.com. Looks like a sleazy collection agency. Has anyone got any info on them?

2. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

I am fighting them as I speak!! they are sleazy

christi

3. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

who do they collect for? they only thing they could be collecting for on me is something that is long past SOL.

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

They are a collection agency, probably purchased the debt. They don't care about the SOL, they work on the theory that you don't know about the SOL or your consumer rights.

I wouldn't call them, they may take that as an affirmative acknowledgment of the debt. Send them a letter requiring they Validate any debt they say you owe

5. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

I sent validation letter, they responded same day saying they can't find me in their computer. I kept that letter and I sent them one more (cert/RR) and told them I am giving them 15 days to show me proof or remove it, BTW the original creditor says I dont owe them.

christi

6. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Christi

Do they show up on your credit report??

7. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Re: Christi

I had two collection accounts from IC Systems, I believe they handle primarily medical collections. They are mentioned in the Guerrilla Guide to Credit Repair by Todd Bierman and Nathaniel Wice.

I cant say they really harrassed me or anything, but they will verify till the bitter end. I did manage to get rid of one of my accounts on my credit report, but only 2 years after paying it. I disputed it as incorrect amount (which it was, I paid it and they were still reporting it as a due balance.)

It was deleted from Trans Union, but not Experian. In my situation, they absolutely refused to agree to a pay for deletion, telling me it was against the law, etc. I spoke to 3 supervisors, all said the same thing. I'm not sure what you can do here, unless you dispute over the balance, or let it drop off on its own (depending on how old it is.)