ICR Credit repair. Amazing ads????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

OK you won't believe what I saw today in S.California when I pulled off the freeway to fill up my car with gasoline on the way to church.

ICR had a big sign advertising "CREDIT REPAIR"
    "CALL 949-___-____."

Yes ICR is trolling for customers on the freeway. Just unbelievable!!!

BTW - Just in case not everyone has heard of ICR - They do credit restoration like Junum, Lex etc. However, I have never run acroos anyone who used them.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

JIM,

ICR...has been around for a LLLLONG time. I read all about them on qualitycreditrepair.com.

They use to put up ads all over that site. They didnt come here though. I dont just them b/c they make BIG promises which we know is impossible to keep.

I lived in NJ for 5 years. In NJ credit repair companies are perfectly legal. They are illegal in NY. The NJ companies used to have signs up all over the place years ago. They have toned down a bit nowadays.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Interesting Roni,

As you know, Junum is located in S. California. But I have never seen an advertisement for them or any other credit restoration firm here.

Jim

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

The Credit Repair Organizations Act - Some snippets:

The law contains specific protections for you. For example, a credit repair company cannot:

1. Make false claims about their services;
    2. Charge you until they have completed the promised services

Your contract must specify:

The payment terms for services, including their total cost; a detailed description of the services to be performed; how long it will take to achieve the results; any guarantees they offer; and
    the companyâ??s name and business address.

ICR Representatives will tell you, with great pride, that they DO NOT sell credit repair - they are selling you a financial course to help you learn to budget and use your credit. They will make a claim that this is a college level course although they won't be able to provide any proof it is accredited. The credit repair they will tell you is a bonus or benefit.

The biggest difference in Junum, Lexington and ICR is ICR charges you in ADVANCE.