ICR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

Has anyone know anything about ICR? A mortgage broker actually referred me to them....said that if I pay off all my charge offs and collections they can get them removed. I told him I was already signed up with Junum who does the same thing ( I was assuming they are similar services) Any one familiar with this company? Are they better than Junum or Lexington?

2. cream

cream Active Member

I've never heard of them. Do you have a website for them? Do you know what the ICR stands for?

3. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

Their website is www.bettercreditonline.com

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

http://www.classactionamerica.com/search/results.asp?stype=T&sLen=1&rec=1&sText=ICR

ICR is a prepaid credit repair service. There is a class action suit against them..see the above link.

5. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Their actual website is www.icrserv.com. They offer "Free" credit repair if you agree to purchase their educational materials that supposedly show you how to handle your credit after they clean it up.

It is basically a MLM company, attempting to sell credit repair with an advance fee that is for "educational" material. This has been tried many times in the past. They were also known at one time as National Credit Repair.

There is a class action suit pending; and I have seen posts on other boards that they have been or are being investigated by attorney generals. I have never been able to find evidence of this.

I suspect their "educational" materials are not much better than some I've seen in videos or books, telling you how to track your spending, develop a savings plan, explanations of credit etc. and certainly I question whether this is worth $400.00 or so they normally charge.

Their "representatives" in the MLM chain will spend loads of time double talking and touting the miracle computer program that cleans your credit, supposedly worth $80 million dollars.

As is evidenced by MANY people that post to this board, there is nothing these companies can do that time, patience, and willingness to spend a little time and postage can not also accomplish.