I'd like you opinion please...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by john, Jun 7, 2001.

1. john

john Well-Known Member

I disputed a few items with Experian and one if the items I was expecting to be removed came back verified. It was a one time 30 day late on an auto loan back in 1997.

This is impossible because the company is no longer in business. Pretty clear to me that they did not verify this. They even went to the trouble of changing the account payment status to I-2 (30 days past due) from I-1 (pays or paid as agrees). How can I be 30 days past due on a loan that was paid off 4 years ago and never was paid late to begin with.

In your opinion what is my next step to resolve this?

Also, I have another item that was verified(and it is accurate). It is a collection for 59.00 for an electric bill that I never paid. I paid it off when I saw it on my credit report. Due to the small amount they wouldn't negotiate for removal.

This one account is the #1 reason my credit score sucks(at least for my experian report- 620). I am to the point that I am ready to hire an attorney and sue the electric company for reporting false information to a credit bereau. The account is listed as an installment loan with a status of I-9(Paid charge off). I probably wouldn't win but maybe the threat of a lawsuit would get them to remove the entry. I moved about 6 times in two years and only had this electric service for 3 months. The last bill never made it to my new house that I was at for about 3 months before moving again.

I have some money I am willing to throw at this problem and again appreciate any comments about what steps I could take to resolve this. It happened about two years ago(thankfully experian updated the last reported date to 5/01 so it looks like it just happened last month). So it will be on my reports for another 5 years if I don't get it removed. That is unacceptable.

Thanks,
    John.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Please visit my website at
    http://www.creditwrench.com/index.ntml

I teach people how to do credit repair.

I have never yet had any of my students fail to get their reports cleaned up no matter what their problems

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

For $50 you could sign up for Bill's service, or you can go out and spend $12.95 on a book and learn for free! Your choice.

As for the 30 day late on the auto loan, send the CRA a letter stating that you want a "blueprint" of how they verified the tradeline. What I mean is, you want a procedural letter that shows you who they contacted and when. The contact's name, phone number and address. If they can't provide you with this, then you can sue for removal. By law, they HAVE to provide you with verification of their verification procedure. Is this clear?

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Erica, I most certainly agree with you about the $12.95 book.

But let me ask you a question.

If someone buys a book for whatever price, and the book does not cover a specific problem that might and usually does occur when fixing one's credit, or even if there is a concept or tactic described in the book that one does not understand, then what does one do? Do you think that the book's author will answer any question(s) one might have about credit repair and keep on answering all the questions one can think of on the subject for however long one might need his expertise?

And if one bought the $12.95 book or for whatever price, do you think one could read the book and come up being unhappy with the book and take it back and get his money back with no problems? Say maybe for 90 days after one purchased the book and then had the opportunity to ask the author as many questions as he wanted to ask about credit repair?

If you ever come across a book at any price that would do all that for you, I'd sure appreciate your letting me know about it.

Matter of fact, lots of folks would probably like to know about a book like that, no matter what the subject mater might be.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

That's too many double negatives for what Bill obfuscates sounding like "All of my students clean their reports no matter what the problem". Pardon me Bill, but that's a load of crap!! and you know it. Unless you really do have 1 student who had a 30 year old debt from a creditor that no longer exists. In other words your statement even if factual means NOTHING!

BOTTOM LINE - NO ONE CAN GUARANTEE THEY CAN CLEAN YOUR CREDIT REPORTS! Even a guarantee shrouded in a bunch of double talk.

I have seen lawyers in this forum bash your tactics and your ideas as legal mumbo jumbo, that might get your "clients" into serious legal trouble. Stop touting your credit repair wares on this board. Advertise elsewhere, help people here.

-Dave

(As far as shills go I stated before I do not work for Junum, I am a happy customer...yet I wonder, where are even one of your happy customer testimonials Billie? The only one I see on your site is from a delusional old man with the same name as you.)

By the way - Amazing credit wrench tool - didn't Ron Popiel invent that? Watch them patent infringements :))

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Nave

Popeye who????

Popeye don't have the copyright nor the domain name. I do!

Lawyers bashing? Nothing new in that either.

That's what they get paid to do, and they do a pretty fair job of it, to say the least.

Funny thing, tho.
    I've been in court with a whole bunch of them over the years, and I never had one beat me yet.

I've even had them tell me I ought to go get competent legal help because they thought I sure was going to need it when they got through with me. They was gonna make mincemeat out of me.

Some day, one of them just might do it too. But when he gets done, he'll know he earned his keep for a change.

You have fun, there Nave.
    BTW, how much they pay you for bashing other people? How much for creating hate and discontent?

Or do you do it just for the halibut?

I must say, you sure do make an awful good try at it.

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Nothing Bill, you make it all worthwhile. As far as creating the hate, you drew that line a month ago, I just have a better memory than most. PBM can swiftly delete a post and remove it from people's thoughts, I have no such delete button.

-Dave

BTW nice response to the guarantee Bill, if that is how you handle your courtroom tactics (not responding to the point) than you do it well! Judges however tend to dislike double talk and mis-information. But you keep on deluding yourself, someone will believe you sooner or later, only then can we call you F. Lee Billie.

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You can call me anything you like, just don't call me late for supper

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Nothing Bill, you make it all worthwhile.
    Good! You see, you just proved one of my points, which is that there is always some good in the worst of us.

It's obvious from your posts that I upset you a great deal. Maybe you should take a lesson from a famous author, Carl Jung, who once said that we should examine very closely that which we hate the most in others so that we might better understand ourselves. No matter how much some of us might disavow Jung's political viewpoints, he did have some pretty wise advice at times that might be good to learn from and follow.

As far as creating the hate, you drew that line a month ago,
    I don't draw lines, Nave. I leave that to others.
    That's because I am a wheel.
    Blessed be those who are wheels for they shall always travel in great circles.
    Dogs also find them very useful from time to time. I bet you do too.

I just have a better memory than most. PBM can swiftly delete a post and remove it from people's thoughts, I have no such delete button.

That's too bad. I feel sorry for you. PBM does not have a monopoly on delete buttons. Our Lord and Saviour taught that one should forgive others for their transgressions. Maybe that's why some folks get Alzheimers, who knows? They can't follow the Lord's advice, so he gives them a new lesson in delete keys.

Actually, I've heard it said that Alzheimers is a great disease to have. They say you meet new friends every day for the rest of your life.

You have a nice one.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

"Actually, I've heard it said that Alzheimers is a great disease to have. They say you meet new friends every day for the rest of your life."

I certainly would hope you are joking with this statement?? I take care of many residents that have Alzheimers and none of them nor their family would look at this disease as being a great one to have!!!

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Originally posted by bbauer Good! You see, you just proved one of my points, which is that there is always some good in the worst of us.
    -------
    What point Bill, your obfuscation is now extending into your frontal lobe, are your lips moving when you type. YOU HAVE NO POINT! If you want to selling your Credit Repair crap try and get the CreditNet board to put an ad up for you Bill...you can't because the board ONLY puts up legitimate credit repair companies, not shams!
    ----------

Originally posted by bbauer
    -----------
    YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT! Wheels HAVE NO POINT!!!! YOU HAVE NO POINT!

Also remember (or look it up) the NAVE is the HUB of the wheel. I am your axle Bill, I am your yoke.
    ---------

Our Lord and Saviour taught that one should forgive others for their transgressions.
    ----------
    That would be YOUR lord and saviour Billie, NOT MINE!!

Oh yea and keep your religious drivel to yourself!

Pick ONE:
    F. Lee Billie, Bille Graham, Pontif BillieB the first

I see the light Bill, do you? If so go gentle into that good night...walk toward the light Bill....walk into the light!

Actually, I've heard it said that Alzheimers is a great disease to have. [/B]
    -----------
    I would check into it Bill, early diagnosis of the problem can yield significant results...

Not to be rude but at your age you should be careful what you wish for!

-Dave

PS feel free to answer John's questions and help him out whenever you feel the compassion to help out someone on this board .... instead of stating "you can help", "you can help" "100% of the time" and then adding - "for the modest price of $49.95"

SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM, SHILL THAT WONDERFUL SHILL!!!!!

12. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I cant believe that someone would want to bring up such nonsense!! I think Bill has been on excellent behavior lately. It seems as if someone likes to feed off of the blunders and mistakes of others. This board is for credit repair. Bill answers questions all the time. He is using his experiences. Maybe they don't stand up to the scrutiny of lawyers and other credit professionals, but they have worked for him. Unless of course you are implying that he is a liar, which in that case you would need to prove that unequivocally, beyond a hint of a doubt. As far as I am concerned, he is just taking advantage of what the internet has to offer. All good salesman have to sell their product, one way or another. If he gave away all his secrets, he wouldn't have a product to sell. He is in the information business, that's all. As if others here don't push the products of Junum, Lexington and Credit Repair books. You can learn it all on your own, but you will learn from experience. Sometimes others have made those mistakes already. This can help others from repeating them.

Unless you can prove his claims false, you are a slanderous individual who needs to get a life....

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken the people "pushing" lexington or Junum don't work for them. I find a difference there. Even the logo of this board says "power to the people" not "power to the sales people" I like to think of this as a place to escape the sales crap and get the information straight. Ever hear Jason pushing anyone to sign up for Lex?

Question: What is there to keep the 1000's of fraudulant credit repair sellers from posting their guarantees of credit repair success on this board?

Answer: "Us"...the freedom that allows anyone to post their opinions here allows them to spread their sales pitches all over this board...we are the only ones who can stop the "I guarantee I can clean your credit for $29.95" posts from continually plagueing us and raping new comers out of the scams.

Not picking a fight with Bill, but I do see your points.

I happen to take offense with Bill and his "ways" ... I am done though, for now.

-Dave

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Of course I am joking.

Have a nice one

15. godaddyo

I see your point also, but there are others who post here that sell products also. They give useful advice and benifit the board. Many of them provide links to their websites. Bill, is more aggressive, but still appropriate in his sales tactics. Its not as if he just tells everyone to buy his product, (although he wouldnt mind, Im sure) he seems to just throw it out to those who look like they need some guidance. I doubt that he has some mutimillion dollar scam going on. Especially since he only charges 49.95. That probably covers his time if he is lucky. Especially since he offers his customers custom support. He even has a phone number on his site.

Well I better stop before I sound like I am in some type of conspiracy with Bbauer.

16. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

LOL Bill couldn't ask for more exposure from you or I, his name has been copied 300 times in this thread (any publicity good or bad is good publicity) :)) Your welcome Bill!

-Dave

OK more importantly, I can not answer John's questions...anyone else care to, with all this nonsense I hate to have stripped his thread out without someone answering his questions.

17. godaddyo

John,
    Your first problem should be easy if they are actually out of business. More aggressive dispute tactics with the credit bureau will make them see that you arent stupid. Here is an example of one that can give you an idea of what to write:

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234
    Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

2/10/1999

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting inaccurate and incomplete credit information.

I am distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile and have failed to maintain reasonable procedures in your operations to assure maximum possible accuracy in the credit reports you publish.

Credit reporting laws ensure that bureaus report only 100% accurate credit information. Every step must be taken to assure the information reported is completely accurate and correct.

The following information therefore needs to be reinvestigated. I respectfully request to be provided proof of this alleged item, specifically the contract, note or other instrument bearing my signature. Failing that, the item must be deleted from the report as soon as possible:

CREDITOR AGENCY, acct. 123-34567-ABC

The listed item is completely inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting. Please delete this misleading information, and supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Additionally, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of each credit grantor or other subscriber.

Under federal law, you have 30 days to complete your reinvestigation. Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your reinvestigation.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

They dont have to provide you with a contract, but it lets them know that you are not kidding, while holding them to a higher standard..

As for your second dilemna, I would need more info. Did you pay a collection agency or the creditor? Do you still live at this address? How old is it? Is it from different state? More details please...

18. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Nave
    -----------
    Also remember (or look it up) the NAVE is the HUB of the wheel. I am your axle Bill, I am your
    yoke.
    a fair sampling might include such notables as Caligula, often known as "The Little Boot", more than a few of the Egyptian Paroahs, Nero, Ramesis, Eric the Viking, Frankenstein, King Richard the Lion Hearted, Kaiser Wilhelm, Musolini, Adolph Hitler, Stalin. Mao Tse Tung, Dracula, The Penguin, just to name a very few. All of them had more or less the same viewpoints as you seem to have.

I'll bet it feels great to have such great counterparts.

Probably gives you a great sense of pride.

19. godaddyo

Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your reinvestigation.

You may want to add something like the above statement to your dispute letter.

20. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Godaddyo:

Seems to me that on the 1st problem John relates, he is going to have to get a lot more aggressive than you suggest.

As I have said many, many times, in my opinion, one needs to go to the source of the problem rather than the reporter of it. I think this one is no different. Here is what I would advise him to do.

Look up the name, address and all that from the listing given by the credit bureau. Then send a certified return requested letter to the company at that address. The letter should be a simple one and ask for any information to be had about the supposed indebtedness and should list all of the information given by the credit bureau. Simply ask for the information, but don't attempt to start any disputes whatever. Leave that for later if it should become necessary.

What he would be hoping for and will probably get back if his info about them being out of business is correcct is a report from the Postal Service that the letter is undeliverable, bad address, no such person or company at that address, whatever.

Once he has that, he has certified proof that they lied. He should make photocopies of whatever proof he gets back and include them in his next correspondence with the credit bureau and he should make very strong references in the letter to the fact that they are required to verify their information and it's accuracy, which they obviously have not done.

I would demand they correct their information, delete it if it is unverifiable, and in the event they chose not to do so within, say, 15 business days, you will immediately refer the matter to your attorney for legal action.

If that fails to get the job done, then it's about time for the 100 word statement, and I guarantee you that if I write the 100 word statement, they will remove the listing rather than to be forced to print and publish and distribute the 100 word statement I write.

But you must be very careful with the wording of the 100 word or less statement, and it's tricky as all git out. Say the wrong thing and you come out looking like a fool. Word it in the proper way, and you win.

At least, I've never seen them print one yet, and I seriously doubt that I ever will.