Identify Fraud Someone Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bkshedevil, Jun 30, 2001.

1. bkshedevil

bkshedevil Active Member

I have been disputing items left and right for about 3 years now. I am disputing accounts opened up in my name or me being the authorized user back in 95-97. Only thing I would have had back at that time was Educational Loans which are still in deferment since I still attend College.

I have been disputing thru the cra and they keep coming back verified. I have never disputed through the cra that they were fraud accounts just as not mine. I have disputed through the actual creditors and they send me some bills and stating there isn't any documentation bearing my signature is no longer available. I try to tell the creditors that it is fraud and they keep telling me that I waited to long to file fraud on these accounts since it have been 5 years.

What can I do to get these items off my credit report since they aren't mine I never opened them up. I would ride out the seven years since the accounts were opened back up in 95-97 but the write off date is being reported as 00-01.

Can someone please help me???

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think you can go by the date they became delinquent, not the date they were written off. Somebody speak up if I'm wrong!

LOL, as if you wouldn't. :D

breeze