Identity Guard Sucks

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Okay, first, I tried to get on in late June....they took my money but I never received any information.

So I did it again and they say, "We're busy...we'll send you a packet". I'm really ticked off now. I just want my score...I have my report!

So, my packet finally comes. (Thank GOD they didn't charge me again!). So I go to sign on and they are like, "You cant use credit analyzer for 24 hours after enrollment". I enrolled on 7/11.

Is anyone having a hard time accessing their "score"? I called and the chick tells me they are having some "technical difficulties" and they don't know when it will be fixed. I think that's BS. But if I don't get a score, I'm cancelling and I want my money back. This is ridiculous. TU needs to know how sorry Identity Guard is and find someone else to provide the service.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Shantel..and to boot, when you do get it, it won't be an accurate score..I can almost guarantee it!

3. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

My IdentityGuard score was 399. My TU score was 530! Talk about inaccurate!

Also, as an FYI, they don't monitor deletions. They only monitor additions that may indicate fraud.

Tom

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Right...my TU was 660 something and I got 438 on IG...they are ridiculously off!

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I'm feeling kind of sick about signing up for Identity Guard. Shantel, like you, the info from credit analyzer wasn't available for a couple of days. When I could get it though, I didn't have any trouble getting my voice synthesizer to read what was on the screen but I wasn't so lucky where my report is concerned.

Apparently, Identity Guard uses Adobe format and that's not accessible via speech. And I really wanted to see a copy of my Transunion report, too! My synthesizer won't read it at all! It's as if nothing is there! After I bring up the report, all I can get is the links to other identity Guard services.

When I signed onto the service, I didn't think accessibility was going to be an issue because I've been able to read my online credit reports from Experian and Equifax with no difficulties whatsoever.

Maybe I can cancel. Certainly that's my intention, but I haven't received a response back from my Email.

Donna

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Donna, I called and cancelled and got a cancellation number. Call 800-214-5863. :) Do get a confirmation number!

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I called Identity Guard last night and had a very lengthy conversation with a customer service rep (I do have her name somewhere). Anyway, the service is brand new, they plan enhancements and refinements. I'm interested because they have something creditexpert doesn't and that is cell phone notification and it works as I've gotten one already. They know the scores are way off and tell me they are working on it. I complained that the profiles are only updated every quarter and we talked about what their competition at creditexpert offers with respect to being able to see your updated profile any time and she said she'd pass along that information to see if they can have more frequent viewings of the profile. I asked her just how new the service was and she said she wasn't exactly sure but that she and the other csr's just went thru training 3 wks ago.

Personally, I'm going to let them work on their start-up and growing pains and right now I'm only into it for $8.99. I'll keep the monthly payments for now and if I see good improvements in the next couple of month I'll sign up for the $79.95 annual package. I'm going to give them a chance and wait and see. The cell phone notification is great for me because it lets you nip things in the bud. I had someone whose records kept popping onto my reports who has the same name as me so this is a good thing.

Just my 2c

Mist

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

NanaC,

Thanks so much! I had looked for a number but couldn't find it. I'm calling right now!

Donna

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You are so very welcome!