IdentityGuard & TransUnion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mist, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

To All,
    I received an alert from Identity Guard yesterday on my cell phone (I love this!). Anyway, I wanted to see details of my TransUnion profile as a result of this alert which was for a new??? address being placed in my file. I tried to get an online TransUnion profile but it wouldn't let me as I live in one of the states where you get one for free every year on request. I had already requested and received my profile a few months ago under my states' free agreement and WANT to purchase an online profile. It won't let me. Does anyone know of some way around this...perhaps thru a third party credit report company? I also have the one that IdentityGuard gives you but they only retrieve a new one once per quarter.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

IdentityGurad is a disaster, they place HARD inquiries whenever you pay to see your own report. Their annual package offers 4 credit reports a year, that's 4 additional hard inquiries that would kill your score.

Saar

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Saar,
    I spoke with them (IdentyGuard) about a week or so ago and they assured me that although when they first started their service there was a problem with hard instead of soft inquiries they now pull as soft only. I haven't seen an actual copy of my profile since I signed up for IdentityGuard so I don't know for sure.

I still want to see my TransUnion profile TODAY and I can't because of the free mail profile for my state which I've already received. I just want to BUY a copy right now. Can anyone point me in the direction of where and how I can obtain it online since the TransUnion site won't give it to me?

4. Saar

Saar Banned

A week ago? A week ago was when they placed a hard inquiry on my report.

It was later removed by TU, but getting them to do it was as hard as pulling teeth. I first tried to resolve it w/ IdentityGuard (a/k/a Intersections), they sent an e-mail saying they'll respond in 2 days, it's been more like 8 days w/ no response.

So, in lack of a better word, they suck.

Saar

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Oh NOOO. Did you talk to anyone about getting it removed??? They absolutely assured me I wouldn't have a hard inquiry. I better not!