If I use my citi AA for plane tix

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Oct 24, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

do you think that will increase my chances of cl increases and/or another card?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

no. Trying to get a credit increase through Citibank is a waste of time.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

who needs tickets? you couldn't get me up in one of those things if it stayed on the runway!

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I take it this means you won't be opening the mail, drinking water, eating food, or leaving your house?

5. lbrown59

Could they get you up in one of them if it stayed on the runway?

6. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

<answer> The best thing to do is to use the card whenever you would have paid cash, then keep the cash aside to pay the payment. Use it as much as you can.

Every bank is going to be different about upgrades/increases, you just have to let the system know you are respnsible and you have high utilization turn over on your card.

</answer>

<comment>

You are better off flying now than you were before the 'attacks'.

You will now be flying with a more involved and watchful public- from security to the little old lady beside you.

You really need to look at what happened that day.

The people on the plane were told there was a bomb. They were told to sit still and that everything would be ok...as it has been in 99% of hijackings before.

They were no scared of the 5 strange men, they were not scared of the plastic knives- they were scared of the bomb.

There was no bomb on the plane. And there probably never will be a bomb on the plane (yes, there has been before, but look how few against how many flights there are a day). That was a diversion- a way to scare the passengers into siiting still.

Look what happened as soon as the passengers on the last plane to go down learned the fate of the others. They revolted. Unfortunately, it was after they pilots had been injured/removed and the plane went down. The point to see is that the 5 strange men, with their plastic knives, could not stop the will of the people.

Those events were awfull. They happened because a delect few took advantage of the fears of many. It could never happen that way again.

The same thing is happeneing now with the Anthrax. Where is the national emergency? A handful of people have died- and that is sad- but there is more too it.

Anthrax is NOT that bad. You do NOT die instantly- in fact you might not doe at all. It takes the bacteria several days to propogate through your system.

The people who died had severe flu -like symptoms for several days before they passed. They chose not to seek medical treatment. Had they gone to the Doctor, they would have been prescribed anti-biotics EVEN IF they were diagnosed with a viral infection (like the flu) and not Anthrax. Those anti-biotics, if taken properly, would have saved their lives.

Skin Anthrax can and most likely WILL heal on it's own! Anti-biotics may not even be necessary.

Once again a few are using the fear of many to 'win'. By being scared to go outside, to open your mail, to fly- you are only giving in to that.

There is nothing to be frightened of! How many millions are there in America? How many have been exposed to Anthrax? Of those, how small a percentage actually got infected? Those who were infected and went to the Doctor- How many died? ZERO!

Anthrax has been a 'weapon' for a long, long, time. It has hardly ever been used- wanna know why? It is almost impossible to get it to work properly- and it does not really serve the purpose they 'want' it to.

There was evidence that Saddam Hussein used Anthrax during the Gulf War- how many people died from it? none. How many peple caught it? None. And it ws delivered by weapons, not by a letter.

Anthrax, in several forms, can be found in many farm pastures if you look for it. How many people have been infected by it in the last century? Few.

Pnumonia is just as deadly as Anthrax- and you are several times more likely to catch it. Is it on CNN 24 hrs a day?

The way to 'win' this situation is common sense. Use it and you will be fine.

Pakistan and India HATE each other. Both countries have enough weapons, nuclear, chemical, and the like, to wipe each other off the face of the earth. They are in a semi-constant state of war every day. And yet they do not live in fear. Why, because there is no need to.

DON'T PANIC-IT'S GOING TO BE OK.

</comment>

Shawn

7. daveberk

daveberk Well-Known Member

If you use the card, you are more likely to get an increase but I don't think it matters what you buy. I only used mine for a plane ticket once but just got an increase from 10.5K to 16.5. I've had the card for a year, charge 2-3K per month and pay it off.

8. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Dave,
    I've been doing the same. I charge EVERYTHING on my AA card and use Citi's AutoPay feature to pay the balance in full every month. I started with a 15k limit so I don't know if/when they'll go higher. How long did you have and use the card before you received a cl increase?

Mist

9. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Mist,

Increase was at the one year anniversary.

10. Newcomer

Supershawn,

Precisely my point. I'd rather die with dignity than to live in constant fear.

11. lbrown59

But could they get you up in one if it stayed on the runway?

12. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I'm flying across the country in 12 days. I have no fears about it. If I'm going to die, I'm going to die no matter what I'm doing at the time. I could be in a plane, or I could be crossing the street and get hit by a bus. Either way, I'd still be dead.

13. lbrown59

Ok=But.
    Can they get you up in it if it stays on the run way?

14. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Ok, finally got it, and the answer is no. If it stays on the runway, it's not going to take off, is it?

15. Newcomer

Okay "brown"...I get your joke:)

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO LEAVE MY HOUSE 5+ HOURS BEFORE TAKE OFF (because of the security bit, and I live 70+ miles north of DIA)...I WOULD SPEND ONE WEEKEND AT MY HOUSE IN WHITTIER CALIFORNIA, ALMOST EVERY MONTH...

My oldest has 35,000+ UNITED miles..he was on his first flight at one week old!!!

17. lbrown59

Good -How many worthless fico points do eye owe you?

18. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

about 100 worthless FICO points. yeah.....that should be enough....I'd be at 6-something....yeah...

19. lbrown59

Kinda like your little slogan hain't it?
    No matter where it stays--there it is:

20. lbrown59