If You are New Here

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jlynn, Sep 23, 2003.

1. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

This is not to offend anyone, maybe its me, maybe I need a break, maybe I've gone off the deep end, I don't know.

Maybe it just hasn't been said in a while. We used to complain it was said too much. Maybe we have backpedaled too far.
    ---------------------------------

If you are new here, the number one best place to get started are the 3 INTRO threads stuck to the top of the board. Read those, as well as the links inside those threads. There is so much excellent information there from members here, and members gone. They put a lot of time and effort into having a reference for those that come here after them.

It takes several times reading them to REALLY get a grip on what they say. I've been here almost a year, and I still use them.

Next, move on to the thread entitled "Hall of Fame Postings" some of the very best on topic threads from the board are linked there. I cannot tell you the value within those threads.

Search feature - be glad you weren't here a few months ago it stunk! bogged down, froze up, just plain didn't work. CCNSteve, Kaliban, and who else I don't know spent a lot of time upgrading this board so that feature would work again. Its excellent!

Daily postings - keep reading. Maybe something doesn't apply to you now, but who knows when their issue will become your issue in the future? Who knows when it will spark an idea for your particular issue.

I am seeing the question - do you think it will work?

Who knows????? We don't. We can only share what has worked for us. There are no guarantees. CA's and CRA's and OC's change their thinking from moment to moment.

There are no guarantees in credit repair. You just can't give up!

I hope I don't trip over my soapbox as I climb off.

And for goodness sakes, take my advice before LB rebuilds his sig line :)

2. ccdscott

ccdscott Active Member

Excellent post, jlynn. When I started, that's all I did was read posts and the intro threads until I got enough nerve to post.

I at least tried to sound like I knew what I was talkin' about... ;-)

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Good post jlynn except I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say by the following.

And for goodness sakes, take my advice before LB rebuilds his sig line :)

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: If You are New Here

It was a joke LB! I see you adding those links back in to your posts more and more - with good reason. Remember, I stuck up for you when that whole issue came down :)

5. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Great Advice,

:)

6. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: If You are New Here

1*It was a joke LB!
    I see you adding those links back in to your posts more and more - with good reason. Remember,
    2*I stuck up for you when that whole issue came down :)
    jlynn
    ===========
    1*I thought so.
    2*I know you did & thanks again.

7. lbrown59

You mean this one

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    What Is Validation? http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra....php?s=&threadid=42188&highlight= validation

Validation must reads Per Humblemarc
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=343640#post343640

Validation & Estoppel letters http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=345391#post345391

COMPOUND INTEREST ~ Rule Of "72" And Your Score http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=335821#post335821

FixYourOwnCredit! http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...848&highlight=fix+AND+your+AND+own+AND+credit
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    '''''''''' `````````` ''''''''''
    It's not what you spend it's how you spend it.
    -----------------------------
    BACKGROUND:
    1*Asset Management 19Years
    2*Financial Services 19 Years
    3*Insurance 19Years
    4*Stock Market 19 Years
    5*Owner of - BUDGET HOMES CO. 30 Years
    ~~~~~~~~~~-----------~~~~~~~~~~----------~~~~~~~
    You did not damage your credit in a day-They screw it up instantly !
    ----------~~~~~~~~~~-----------~~~~~~~~~~--------------
    LB 59

8. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

LOL - Saved it huh?

9. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: If You are New Here

Yep:
    For emergencies just like this !
    LOL

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

PS:
    You never want to get rid of a classic you know.

10. connorw

connorw Well-Known Member

Being a newbie here I've made some mistakes, not to many I hope :)

I read the top three and all that a couple of times and still had some questions... some that were valid, some that I ought to have known better. Me mum always said I was "thick as a brick and twice as dumb". LOL

I've been clicking on links in tag lines, and found good stuff there, I've bookmarked certain treads.

Given the subject matter, there are bound to be people who post in a panic. I know how much it takes to answer the same question over and over and over again. I used to be a Sysop on a couple of major online services, one now gone, one is still and shall always remain AOHell. I try to remember what it was like back in the early 90 to mid 90's for me, but that was so long ago I sometimes forget. Again, see what my mother had to say about me :)

Sometimes it's hard to draw a direct correlation between a post from before and your issue now. Sometimes in the beginning you just want to make sure you understand what you think you do, sometimes you just want to share your triumphs, mistakes and see if you're just plain missing something.

Sometimes you manage to spawn a thread that is very active for a time.

Feeling "burntout" as I always put it is normal after a while. We all need a break. Most of the people here (or any board) that have been around and answered hundreds of questions get to that point and need a break. This is something people do because they WANT to, not because they have to or are getting paid to do. So taking a break, feeling jaded, etc perfectly acceptable.

There will almost always be someone that you've mentored, knowingly or not, who will do their best to step in and fill your shoes.

So from a newbie, granted someone who hs been in your shoes, take a break if you need it jlynne. Used to be when I was doing this we had a private area to vent and complain about things.

I really appreciate all the help I'm getting and all the work everyone puts into helping us hopeless newbies ;-)

11. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight Connor. I know that people post in a panic - done that myself, and I realize many times you can't see the forest for the trees. I do my best to remember that I was exactly where they were not too long ago. I also know there are LOTS of people here that can and will help - no doubts there - I'm not needed.

It was really a friendly reminder to let everyone know the stuff at the top is not for decoration.

I am taking a break - I took a job today! LOL I'm going from RE Agent to waitress. Not much need for REA's out here, the homes are too few and far between. The expense of farming and starting up are too great, and my kids hated it. Although I worked from home alot - to be successful your weekends really belonged to your clients.

So I've taken a job at the local barbecue cafe (the peach cobbler is TO DIE FOR). Anyway, a few xtra bucks in my pocket for Christmas, some for savings, and some to finish digging out of debt.

Alot of it is for my sanity. Away from the computer, and shhhh this is a secret-- some time away from the man I love with all my heart and soul if he only wasn't working from home and around the house 24/7.

12. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Good luck in your new job. I know what you mean--sometimes there's too much togetherness.

I hope you'll still post on a fairly regular basis, although I know it won't be as often.

I enjoy reading your posts.

I started out to read this entire board. I started from the beginning and read almost two year's worth of posts. I finally decided to start posting, but I felt like I knew everyone already.