Ikea Acct Not In System-help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by keltexx, Aug 31, 2001.

1. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Ok, need some guidance here. I have an old IKEA account. Payments that I have sent via online bill pay have not been credited for two monthly payments now. When I call the number on my bill (BTW, this was a toll call. Looks like it is administered by Monogram Bank of Georgia). They tell me that they do not handle Ikea accounts.

So I go to the IKEA website. Call the 800# for credit cards. They tell me that they (Household) do not "have me in their system." Now, I ask you, what do I do here? I don't want a late notation....I just got off of the phone with a RUUUUDE customer service rep at IKEA, who told me that if they don't have the account in my system, it has been sold, and it is MY responsibility to mail the company who is managing the account (the billing address) to get this cleared up. They told me that they (IKEA) cannot nor do not access this account!!!

I was trying to pay this %$*#()%$#*() account off, which is what the last payment which wasn't credited was for. Where do I start? Is it illegal for me not to have accurate customer service information on my bill?

2. keltexx

Folks, I really need your help on this one.

Legal experts, can you tell me if a creditor must provide me with an 800 # for customer service? The only # available to me is the # on my billing statement, which is a toll call, and they are telling me that they do not service IKEA accounts.

Thanks.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It appears as if you will have to call the toll # on your statement. I don't think they are obligated to give you a toll free number, but I could be wrong. I'm sure if you call that # you can find out who is handling the acc't.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I misread that you have already called the toll #. If that is the case, and that is the number on your statement, call back, ask for a supervisor and demand to know who is handling the account. They have to know this if they are sending you statements.

5. keltexx

Just got off of the phone- was on hold twenty minutes waiting for the supervisor-without success.

I didn't realize that outsourcing was such a common practice-further, I cannot BELIEVE that Ikea has no interest in managing customer problems w/ this company.

FYI-those considerring IKEA cards-is this something you want to deal w/?

6. keltexx

Update. All considerring a credit card with this POS company need to read carefully and consider if the headache is worth it for the particle board and assembly headaches, not to mention customer (dis)service.

Today I called Paymybills, my billpay service, to see if my checks may have, by chance been returned. They had not. So, we (the Paymybills rep and I) conferenced called the customer service # listed on the bill-the one that I used on Friday when I was told that they don't manage ikea.

Well, lo and behold, today, w/a third party on the line, they DO represent IKEA. And the address that the bill had been sent to, according to IKEA is the "inquiry" address. Never mind that this is the billing address listed on the account. Anyhow, they said that the payment should have been forwarded to billing-since the PO box is at the same po box-on is po box xyz75 and the other po box xyz80. Same zip.

So the paymybills rep tells them that the July payment hasn't been processed either. They told me to send in the minimum payment, ensured that my account would not reflect "late".....What a circus.

Meanwhile, I still have two checks floating around in limbo. Including the one to pay off this %$(#%_$)/.

And Ikea? 0% help in all of this. Beware.

7. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Another reason to not shop at IKEA --

They claim that you can order via the catalog, however, when I started to do that, the rep gave me some VERY STUPID shipping and handling fees that exceeded the entire purchase (small items). I can understand a shipping charge of $100 or something on a bulky (read: large and heavy) item, but get real, misc. kitchen stuff!?

Also have a friend who purchased a sofa, instead a chair arrived. Took a week to get someone to remove the chair and another two weeks to have the sofa delivered... ANYWAY. Good luck with your payments.

8. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

It costs a lot to mail from Sweden.... :)

I agree that the shipping kills Ikea...too bad, I really like the store, but there are none down here in Georgia. And the shipping fees are outrageous. I think they quote all the shipping based on private freight for some reason.....I wanted a desk and the shipping was almost as high as the desk itself.

There's a new store down the road called Dekor'.....it's kind of similar but higher priced and a little more high end.

Shawn

9. keltexx

Shawn, are you in Atlanta? I used to live there (Chambleee-Dunwoody). Anyhow, there are TONS of nice, reasonably priced furniture down there- they are so close to NC Furniture outlets.

Don't even bother w/IKEA. Never mind the shipping stuff-try putting the %$#%*$(#)%#particle board together. 87 pieces, and the instructions are in Swedish!