I'm a 630 :(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marypc, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Just got my score on www.equifax.com. My top four reasons for this score are:

Collections/delinquencies
    Inquiries
    Recent delinquencies
    High balance

I am working on the delinquencies/collections, (awaiting results of most recent round of disputes) and have sent letters to creditors to have iquiries removed (10 in last calendar year.) Also, I need to pay down my balances. I am AU on my husband's cards, that may have something to do with it. Also, my last late pays were in 6/99, so hopefully as those age, they will be less damaging. Anyone know if Junum is successful in removing 90 day lates?

All in all, sort of depressing. The report makes it sound pretty grim, and I shudder to think what my score was before I began this whole process.

I think I am going to call the CRA's and see if they will remove some of those inquiries. I know that I did not authorize at least two of them. Apparently, they are damaging if they are within the last year, not just the last 6 months.

Good luck to everyone else who gets their score!

2. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Marypc,

How do you figure out the reasons?

3. other me

other me Guest

Scroll down further on the page where it showed your score, and the reasons are spelled out.

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Got it!

Thanks

5. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Last Activity on Equifax Rep

anybody know if the seven year time clock start with Equifax last activity date on the credit report? I am looking at mine now trying to figure it out.

6. FatmanJake

FatmanJake Guest

Re: Last Activity on Equifax R

I'm 675!!!

Man thats with a Chapeter 5 years old. Qspace was dead wrong in it's analysis!! Lets put these guys out of bussiness.

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Last Activity on Equifax R

I was 639 as well. I figure it will only get better from here now that I am concerning myself with improving my credit and 639 got me an unsecured Cap1 Visa so I got room to go up but soon come! It will only get better from here Mary. Good luck to you too.

-Dave

8. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Where are you guys seeing

these scores? Was it a recent Equifax report you just pulled? I'm looking at the bottom of mine and see nothing.

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Where are you guys seeing

No Mother2, I (we) went to http://www.equifax.com and clicked on the item that says:

"See the same score the lender's use - Score Power"

After paying $12.95 and verifying some information about your report, you get these scores and some information about what the numbers mean and how to improve the areas that would most affect improvements. They Say it is a "FICO score" but I am not sure if it is an approximation or a true FICO score.

-Dave

10. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Re: Where are you guys seeing

Thanks Dave. I guess I should be grateful, back in 97 I was trying for a car loan, and if you can believe this (hanging my head in shame) my score according to one dealer was less than 300!! (NOw, that was a bunch of negative stuff of mine, and also my sister. We had same last name at the time, same address, ss# 1 digit off from each other.) I have gotten rid of most of that. I guess I am just annoyed at myself over the inquiries., and the higher balances. I have locked up the credit cards, and hopefully some of my inquiries will come off as I have disputed them. Equifax is my "middle" report, in that Experian is my worst, and Trans Union my best.
    Continued good luck to you too :)