I'm being patient but..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 8, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

No, I'm not calling anyone a butt....well, maybe some of you..no no...just kidding....(sorry, 2 wine coolers and I'm a goner) lol..but I have a "what would you do" question..

I mentioned that I had recently gotten the last of my hubby's collections off (or an agreement in writing to have them removed from the creditor/CA)..anyway, I sent a copy of the removal letter from one to Exp. The copy is signed by the manager, lists acct. number, says "never late" and "reported in error" and is marked "delete from report." Anyway, I get a letter back from Experian stating that they couldn't use this and had to contact the creditor..it's been 2 weeks..and is still on there as disputed.

Clearly, this is a huge violation...right? So, what would you all do?

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Nana, I believe the CRA is within its rights to take up to 30 days to complete its investigation. Basically you're disputing a derogatory notation, but in this case you've included some heavy-duty evidence to back up your claim. The CRA should then begin its standard investigation, and in this case the CRA should be able to award you a positive resolution upon completion. If not, THEN you've got a darned nice case against them.

I don't think they're obligated to accept a signed letter on somebody's letterhead without conducting their investigation. I suspect they're protecting against the possibility that some people would simply create custom stationery and fake similar disputes.

(You didn't want this answer, did you, LOL?)

Randy

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hi, Randy..thanks for taking the time to answer! :)
    It's not on letterhead..it's a form I guess they use for such things called a Universal Data Form. It has information like subscriber codes on it (for all 3 CRA's)..

Well, if the CA validates it, I'll take them to court ..I've already notified them by certified copy that this is on there so they should take care of it. :) See, it was on a few months ago, deleted with this letter, then magically reappeared..someone must have forgot to clear the CRA tape at the CA... I don't think I'll have much trouble with this documentation...the easy way or the hard way. The other CRA (EQ) took it off based on the documentation immediately. Don't know about TU yet.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is similar, but I had to get something corrected on TU, I got their fax number off the website, faxed my most recent copy of their report for ID, and the court documents along with the envelope they came in as proof that I didn't compose the document, and worte a little note on the cover page. They fixed it, without ever speaking to me, and without me filling out one of their forms.

breeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Breeze, I'm so very happy you said that! Guess what I stapled to the document! The original envelope with postmark from the CA who was reporting it!! You are a genius!!

And, I'm not so bad for thinking to staple that..can't wait to tell hubby & daughter who think I'm crazy for keeping everything!

:) teehee

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Wow I tried to get the fax number for experian and they refused to give it to me.

Because I have a similar situation with Nana's I have a letter from the agency and the creditor asking removal of the item and its now been two weeks and it still sits on my EX file. I have called and they keep telling we are still investigating.,, yeah right!

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIAN'S FAX NUMBER?

Thanks in advance:)

Cyprigirl:)

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Nana, it is smart to keep everything. It may take me a while to find something, but I'm darn sure I've got it, LOL.

My car loan company (wayyyy) back, tried to charge me higher interest that the contract stated - man, I had the contract tucked away in my files, copied it, and sent it to them. They changed it back. LOL

A lot of stuff I scan and keep on file on the puter, so I can just print one up if I need it. Companies are so tricky these days, you have to protect yourself.

Your hubby should thank you for taking good care of business.

breeze (can you drag and drop the pool to the chat room, ya think?)

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

SPLASH! ::::::::dropping pool in middle of chatroom:::::::::

Oh, don't you just love those stories..the ones when you know you are right and can prove it?