I'm floored!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flagirl, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

After pouring through old posts about AMEX and the kinds of fico needed to be approved...I took a chance and applied. My fico is 627 and I was approved for a gold skymiles card for $2000!!!
    This is amazing! The time is was processing online I kept thinking "Oh it'll be denied!!" But it wasn't!!
    YEAH!
    Just thought I'd share! This board is a GODSEND!!!!

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!

Any idea what they pulled? What is your report like--any lates, etc!!!

That is fantastic news.

3. donna8284

donna8284 Well-Known Member

CONGRATS!!

4. Flagirl

Keltex-
    Don't know what they pulled yet...just did it online and got approval...I'll find out probably by tomorrow with my credit watch services.
    On my equifax report, I have one paid collection and one cc account showing 90 days late, but it's still rated an R1...go figure...and they won't take off the lates! My transunion has an unpaid collection and a charge off...so i don't think they pulled TU. Exp is totally clean, but all new credit...score on there is like 600...
    hope this helps!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT TO DOWN PLAY YOUR APPROVAL...but I think the annual fee cards have "DIFFERENT"
    approval parameters...

Citi® Gold AAdvantage® Card has a yearly fee...many have been approved for multiple cards...

CONGRATULATIONS.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

CRAP!!! APPROVED WHOA FLAGIRL you are on to something!! OMG!!

thanks!

642 score - two major derogs, 139 inquiries.

this is so odd. Only got $2000 limit but my foot is in the door with amex now!!

7. Flagirl

George,
    I don't think you're downplaying my approval. Nothing can downplay the feeling of being approved by AMEX after not being approved by anyone for so long. Even if it has an annual fee, it doesn't matter. A year ago, I would never have thought in a million years I would EVER own anything that said American Express. I could barely even get sub-sub prime cards.

Yes, it is a reward card, but one that I will use all the time, considering all of my miles are with Delta to begin with.

I really appreciate this board and everyone who posts their experiences and thoughts. I can say it has really helped me get my crap together!
    Thanks!!
    Flagirl

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hold on......you got approved too???? Am I reading this correctly????

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Always Double MilesSM with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
    With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card, you will earn 10,000 SkyMiles the first time you make a purchase with your Card. Thanks to Always
    Double MilesSM, an ongoing feature of the Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you'll earn double SkyMiles at supermarkets, gas
    stations, drug stores, home improvement stores, the U.S. Postal Service, on Delta Air Lines purchases, or when you pay your wireless phone
    bill.The Card has an annual fee of $85 ($55 is waived, annual fee reduced to $30 if you have a qualifying American Express Consumer Charge
    Card), a competitive APR, a grace period up to 20 days, and a line of credit up to $100,000. Additional Cards are fee-free, so you can share
    virtually all the benefits and services with your friends or family members. Use your Card everywhere American Express Cards are accepted, and
    watch those SkyMiles add up!

I WAS THINKING ABOUT IT...but since I was DENIED the "PRE-APPROVED" CASH BACK PLATINUM CARD...I was "TICKED OFF"...

10. Cadillac408

Maybe some companies have lowered their approval standards for airline cards???? Look at Citi AA......now AMEX Delta???? They really must want people to start flying again....humm.....

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Pay in full, and it is used for "STUFF" you buy anyway...the "FREE" miles are great...

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

All rewards cards have annual fees.

13. Cadillac408

I wonder???

I wonder if you get approved for the Delta card, if you can *change your mind* and switch to another product like Blue or Optima??? Sort of how the Citi AA deal is worked????

14. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Congrats flagirl!!!! Welcome to Amex! She's a fickle beast at times, but a good one to have.

Definately sign up for Mebership Rewards if you use your card a lot. I just checked my balance...283,000 points! Woo-hoo!

They now transfer points pretty much instantly. Last year it could take up to seven days, but I needed an upgrade for a flight last summer and transfered my points the same day. Instant upgrade!

Plus, they will send you a lot of Omaha steaks for free if you use it a lot (I am not sure why, they just do).

Sam- I didn't understand your post...did you say you got approved too? 2k limit also? If so, better head to www.tap1.com and get yourself a stage 2 kit for that A4!!!!!!

Shawn

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD JUMP ON (CITIBANK AA AND/OR AMEX DELTA) WHILE THE JUMPING IS GOOD...BUT I CAN'T HANDLE ANY MORE DENIALS!!!

***THE BAD***(IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS)
    CITIBANK (DENIED)
    CAPITAL ONE (DENIED)
    JUNIPER (DENIED)
    GET SMART (DENIED)

***THE GOOD***(IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS)
    I GOT AMEX BLUE BACK
    MBNA QUANTUM UPGRADE
    FLEET 0.00% BT/PURCHASES...THEN 9.99%
    DISCOVERCARD 5.90% BT + $3,000 INCREASE
    BANK OF AMERICA 5.50% BT TILL PAID + $4,000 INCREASE

16. sam

sam Well-Known Member

thanks for the hot tip girl!! Yeah mp40 i got it!! Woohoo. The terms aren't the best but i'm in the door with amex anyone got the line to confirm your approval phone #??

17. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I guess I'm not there yet. I have to wait 7-10 days for decision. Oh Well. It was worth the try.

18. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Man...I got the 7-10 day message too. Thought maybe I'd get lucky :)

19. Cadillac408

MAN!!!! So tempting.....

I just want to know if you get approved it you can switch to a different product??????

20. sam

sam Well-Known Member

1-800-962-7227 option 1 is the new automated..

Btw i applied for "blue" a minute later, "Your application cannot be approved you will receive a letter".

Apparantly the standards are lower for the optima skymiles cards!!

The rate is horrible 16% and fee, but i've always wanted an amex, and here it is. Wow this board rocks, In less than two years gone from "nothing" to $20K in prime and an amex.

creditnet rules!!