I'm floored!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flagirl, Oct 22, 2001.

1. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

to all who applied Amex Delta credit card,when you applied their card,did you make balance transfer?Do you think making a BF will increase the chance to get approval and get higher credit line?thanks in advance.

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Which card is it ? The regular or the gold card?

Cypri:)

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I did a $1k balance transfer just to increase my chances. Don't know if that worked or not.....

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I applied for the Citi AAdvantage and the AmEx Delta SkyMiles on the same day. I thought like many of you that a rewards card with an annual fee and 16% interest would be easier to get. I also applied for balance transfers from Providian and Capital One to the AmEx card. By the way, this was the standard blue Sky Miles card, not the gold card.

I got approved for the Citi card but turned down for the AmEx. But since my new AAdvantage card has improved my utilization ratio, I intend to apply again after 90 days. Or, since I was declined, does the 90 day policy not apply to me?

5. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

I applied Amex Delta skymiles last night and got the message "you will receive our desicion in 7-10 days".I applied Amex cash rebate and Amex business charge card last year,both application got the same message as this time and I was approved for both cards .But I don't feel so lucky this time since I have $20,000 balance,my Experian is 716 by the way.

6. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

I just got the alert from my credit watch and it was Equifax that was checked for the AMEX skymiles. I wonder if it's because I'm disputing the last 2 bad things on my report.....do they show up to creditors while they are disputed?

7. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Oh- and the card I applied for was the Gold Delta skymiles...and I did do a balance transfer....what gets me is that the BT was for 2400 and they only gave me a limit of 2000....wonder how they'll do that one?!?

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Wow. I got approved for $2000, too! This has been a great week! That's $13000 of prime loc. Thanks to everyone on this board!!

9. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

For all you 7-10 day people, the 800 number is 962-7227. It will give you the automated approval (or in my case denial) info.

10. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Here's a question.....

Since Amex's policies on prev BK seems to be on a sliding scale, do any of you have previous BK's?

Shawn

11. Cadillac408

I don't know about any other creditor but I have verified (through personal experience) that AMEX is able to see ALL accounts in dispute status and they are STILL counted against you. They do see that the accounts are disputed but they don't care. Also...if you have an account that has been 30, 60, 90+ days late at any point (even if the account is rated R1 now) their computer has no capability of seeing exactly WHEN that delinquency occurred. So, say you were late a long time ago and it was still on your report and the company last sent an update in say August 2001. AMEX would see this as a recent delinquency! The rep would think, oh....you were late on you account 2 month ago when in fact it was years ago. The only solution at that point is to fax them a copy of your report and pray for the best.

12. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

I GOT IT TOO! :)

I have 25 inquiries and three small derogs on EQ.

I also got approved for $5000 with Dell using EX.

This rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD I HAVE AMEX, MBNA, AND CITIBANK!

Bye bye sub prime rip offs!

13. Cadillac408

And just think.......2 seconds ago you were trying to get a secured card from FCNB!! Ha! :)) I love it!!!!! Congrats to you and everyone else that was approved. For those who weren't, stay strong.....your day will come, TRUST ME!

14. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I know, girl! I am so happy! Next year I hope it'll be AMEX gold and another AMEX credit. For now, NO MORE EQUIFAX INQUIRIES!

15. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Congratulations on everyone who scored a success with AMEX.

For those of us who are wondering whether we should try and follow in your footsteps, can you all post your scores and the CRA used when you were approved?

Personally, I have a 640 CE score on Experian (w/6 open negatives), a 652 Empirica on Equifax (1 derog and '93 b/k), and a 566 Fico on TU (no negs). Think I have a shot at it? I am sure that AMEX will pull Experian since I live in California.

-chriscraft

16. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Give it a shot. I have one paid collection on file, 634 FICO (!@#!) no other derogs on EFX which they pulled.

17. Cadillac408

I have a 650 on EFX which they pulled. I have 1 paid auto chargeoff with numberous lates showing from 11/98. I live in CA. I did not get instant approval, I got the 7-10 message and then called the 800 to check the status. Spoke with a rep and she said I was approved for $2k. I also did a $1k balance transfer that I now want to change to a different bank than the one I originally put on the application. I need to call them back. Hope it's not too late.

18. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

As I posted on another thread...I was approved for Amex Corp. Gold card today. Do you think it's too soon to apply for the Delta Sky Miles. Should I wait until I have a year of history with Amex before I apply?

All of this approvals just have me so silly.

Congrats to all!

19. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Steph, what is your score? I want it too!!!! {whiney tone}

20. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Well after reading all this I decided to apply for my wife for this card. She was approved with a 2400. limit. They pulled eq. she has a 654 fico.