I'm floored!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flagirl, Oct 22, 2001.

1. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

By the way she had 12 inquiries in the last 6 months.

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Active Member

This is so great! Congrats everybody! Should I assume that no one who got approved is on the AMEX blacklist? Do they share that among all their divisions?

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

636 Equifax.

Reasons: 1) derogatory accounts, 2) length of time accounts established, 3) too many inquiries, 4) time since last delinquency

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I have one question which card is everyone applying for? the gold or the plain card?

I applied for the Plain card and my app. is still pending, which is promising because I am used to getting 30 second denials at Amex, so I am keeping fingers crossed xxxxx......
    My score is 718 EQ

But CONGRATS TO ALL THE NEW AMEXERS!!!!!

Cypri:)

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

call the #, it will tell you denied or approved right away. I posted it up higher.

6. Cyprigirl

sam I called and it is still processing.

AMEX really is giving me fits.

Everyone is getting a denial or a approval and I get a pending.

What gives?

7. author_22

I got approved for plain but a rep upgraded me to gold.

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I got a pending too. It was really a denial. I hope your result is different, but with a pending application, eventual approval is always a pleasant surprise.

9. author_22

Nope, I'm not on their blacklist.

And NEVER EVER WILL BE ;)

10. Cyprigirl

Well I was declined and the reason was too many inquiries in the past 6 months pure BS I Have 8, they said over 5 is grounds for denial.

Then they said I was at 50% debt to credit ratio and that it needed to be at 40% for their liking.

I am sooo sick of the BS at AMEX.

By the way they pulled TU now, which is my lowest score and they did not even mention it.

From what others have said on this board they were approved and did have more than 5 inquiries and derogs on their report.

I am really sick about it because I keep hitting a brick wall with AMEX.

I spoke with three reps and two supervisors and they drove me nuts this morning with this run around.

I am a fighter but I am at my limit. All this work to clean up my report and I get this BS.

I just wanted vent because its really getting old!!!!

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

11. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Cypri-

If it makes you feel any better, I have been an Amex holder since 1994. It used to be my favorite card.

Customer service and 'benefits' have been on a continual decline the past two oe three years.

Don't get me wrong, they are a great card, but don't see them as the 'pinncale' of all things finance.

You are still a better person than they are!!!!!

It'll be ok!!!!

Shawn

12. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

I applied two days ago,just called and it's still pending,does that mean I was declined?

13. making

making Well-Known Member

i applied for my girlfriend and it said pending for a day. then it said declined today.

14. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is a stupid question.....but anybody get them with a b/k?

15. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

My "pending" from Monday is now a denial. Kinda expected it, since I haven't been approved for anything since August. Coulda used those SkyMiles, though.

16. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Amex no like the BK.

I was told they look back 5 yrs, but others have been told they auto deny if they see one.

Mine was almost revoked when they discovered my BK. Luckily for me my boyish charm and stunning good looks pulled me throught it. LOL!

In all seriousness, I also questioned whether they were letting up, but I don't think that's the case.

Shawn

17. Cyprigirl

Shawn, Thank you for the words of encouragement, it is jsut very frustrating, becuase they are soo inconsistent in their policies.

You'd think I was on their blacklist, I have never had one except the so-so cobalt card whenever it takes funding.

But your right I am beginning to question their customer service.

I think i will take a break and strategize my next move.