i'm getting PISSED at capital1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Apr 16, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Okay this is the third time in the past month i've been double-auth'd from various stores to my capitalone card. Anyone else having this issue?

First is was c2it, for $302 twice (on my $600 limit card with $0 balance), then it was for an online puter store for $24 TWICE. now today, for a tire store, $309 authorization twice (reducing my avail to $0 obviously).

what gives? I mean once sure a mistake, 3 times thats not right!!

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: i'm getting PISSED at capi

I believe (and experts correct me if I am wrong) the businesses that are authorizing the transactions are most likely to blame. Kids or newbies making minimum wage swiping cards more than once most likely. If it is only this one card, then I would call CapOne and bitch. Tell them you need a higher credit limit to offset all of these erroneous credit authorizations. The authorizations should come off in less than a week or maybe call them and tell them about the error. Good Luck

MikeB

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

well lets see. the tire place was online, c2it.com is like paypal, online. the other place, maybe.

I just called again the tire placed authed my card at 4:23pm today and 4:55pm today.

Heh, complain to executive offices, good idea. I'm waiting till the 26th to reach my 6-month marker on my secured card last limit increase to get it unsecured. I'll hit them up , thanks for the idea!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL THEM NOW TO TELL THEM...if they are going to keep double authorizing everything...DOUBLE YOUR CREDIT LINE...see what happens.