I'm mad! Damn First USA.......

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Nov 22, 2000.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I'm still stuck in subprime credit card land.
    Have applied for a few prime cards but get denied for all of them because of a 1992 Bankruptcy.

First USA send me a "pre-approved" offer for a Titanium card because they "like the way that I handle my finances". I assumed that the way this was stated that they had indeed seen my credit report and was aware of the BK.

I called First USA and spoke to a supervisor. I told her that I didn't want to waste my time or a credit inquiry if I would just be denied because of the bankruptcy. She said that they do approve people with BK's and especially since mine was almost 9 years old, I had a good shot at getting a card. My credit has been perfect since the BK!

So I applied!

There response - denied because of BANKRUPTCTY!

I'm aggravated!

My BK will disappear from my credit reports in about another year, and after that First USA will never get my business!

All I want for Christmas is a prime credit card, a prime credit card, a prime credit card!

chet

2. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

RE: I'm mad! Damn First USA...

Anyone out there know the key to getting a prime credit card with a bankruptcy on credit reports?

thanks

chet

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I called Chase about their secured MasterCard and was told they accept BKs. I know it's a secured card, but at least it's with a prime bank. Then again, they may try to pull a First USA...

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Sorry to say there isn't one, until it falls off.

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

My post was strictly UNSECURED.

6. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Hey Chet

First Usa has a secured card, too. Minimum deposit is $100. The number is 800-544-4110.

7. river

river Well-Known Member

RE: Hey Chet

Things will start looking better for you next year!!!!! PRIMELAND will age you faster than SUB-PRIMELAND!!!!Just making light of the post that chet posted. DAMN those PRIME lenders.We're ALL are intitle to screw-up,at least,once in a lifetime. As my mother always said,"that's just a part of life,hon!!!"Even those of us that have screwed-up our credit must maintain some kind of sense of humor. It helps.

8. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

Hey chet,
    I just got approved for the GM Mastercard. It's a lot closer to prime than any of my others!:) First USA was one of the 2 creditors that wouldn't work with me and forced me into my BK in 93.