I'm New Here Everyone!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JAL, Mar 16, 2001.

1. JAL

JAL Guest

To all,
    I would just like to say that I am fairly new here to this site. This has got to be one of the best forums on the web. This board is very, very active and there is a wealth of knowledged shared on here. Im fairly new to credit, approx. 3 years in the credit world, but I have learned a lot in those 3 years. I started out with a Capital One card and now Im rolling with the big boys, AMEX, Citibank. I guess that's all due to my excellent paying history. I wonder what my FICO score is, that score is hard to find isn't it? I would just like to be welcomed by everyone as a Newbie and I hope to take in more knowledge about credit by visiting this board on a daily basis. My goal in life is to maintain flawless credit and hopefully I can do that. From what I hear, good credit can make one's life much easier when it comes to buying a house, car or other expensive item, is this not true? Recently, I applied for a Discover Platinum card, from what Ive read, many card holders are happy with this card. I chose to apply for it because I like the idea of cash back. Getting money for just using your card, you can't beat that. If I get this card, that will be enough for me. Amex Blue, Citibank Platinum Select and Discover Platinum, that's all I want, hopefully I can achieve this goal. Well, take care everyone and I look forward to starting a enjoyable relationship with you all on this board.

JAL

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Welcome JAL! Thank you for your kind words about the board. I have been here five months and everyday I learn something new. How are the requirements for the Discover Platinum? I currently have the Classic Discover, but I am too chicken to apply for the Platinum.

Dani

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DISCOVERCARD PLATINUM UPGRADE is kind of like AMEX...they just TRADE cards...

AMEX CALLS IT A "PRODUCT TRANSFER"...

NOBODY WOULD BE DECLINED THAT PAYS ON TIME AND KEEPS UNDER THE LIMIT...

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

George,

So all I have to do is call Discover and say I want a product transfer from Classic Discover to Platinum Discover? Are they going to pull my credit report, though?

Dani

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY DIDN'T PULL MINE...

Can't say positively they will or won't...

6. ALAN

ALAN Well-Known Member

Everyone,
    Instead of calling me JAL, you can call me Alan. Hopefully, there isn't another Alan on the board, probably is though. Dani, I don't know what the requirements are for the Discover Platinum, but I will tell you, around 3 years ago when I started getting offers for cards, one of the cards I used to own was the Discover Classic card. I never used the card, I received it and put it away because I used my Capital One MC for everything. So, I cancelled my Discover card. I really wish I didn't. Over the course of 3 years, I could have accumalated a very nice cash back, but hey, we all make mistakes. Now I want a second chance, I would really like the Discover Platinum, hopefully, Discover will give me another chance.

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thank you George and Alan for your quick responses.

Alan you shouldn't have any problem getting the Platinum with your good credit.

And George, thank you for your excellent advice I am going to give Discover a call tomorrow morning to see it they will do a product transfer.

Dani