I'm on a roll with AMEX!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I just found out I was approved for $2500 for ODP with my new checking with AMEX member banking.

After getting denied for soo long and now I have gotten two approvals in one week, its amazing!

I am shooting for reconsideration for the Delta Sky miles card after I get that last negative off my TU report we will see what they say then.

It just feels good to win the battle, a test of wills, I guess it make you stronger overall.

Cypri:)

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Cypri I wish you the best of luck with them, but be very very careful with membership banking right now I wouldn't recommend them to my worse enemy after what they are doing to me please be careful.

3. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

thanks Mom , i will heed the warning!

i have read about your escapades with them, i admit they are shaky, but i will definitely keep my eyes on them.

cypri:)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes shakey indeed. I was on the phone with them again today, this after being told on Tuesday that my accounts would be unresticted by the end of the business day as of today thay are still blocked and to top it off the rep said we don't have a signature card for your checking account, i said I never got one, well now I have to wait for that up top of everything else just to get MY MONEY back from them for the deposit which they are holding in limbo until the restriction is lifted. I was less than civil with the today .

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I haven't got ANY response from AMEX in regards to my INTEREST RATE AND INCREASE IN THE CREDIT LIMIT...

I DID PFB AND AMEX ON-LINE E-MAIL...

(I'm worried they are having problems)

I WON'T USE THE CARD TILL I GET WHAT I WANT FROM THEM...(or an answer of any kind other than to "APPLY ON LINE"...

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I am sorry you've had such a rough time with AMEX Banking - I guess I joined them when they wanted
    new customers.

I have it Mom, but don't keep much in either account.

Hope you are great!

San Francisco is beautiful tonight. The Golden Gate Bridge is a wonder - sometimes you forget how beautiful it really is, if that's possible.

Hey ALL:
    The governor of CAL went on LIVE 2nite and said that there was evidence from a "credible" source that suspension bridges on the WEST Coast would be attacked within the next several days - maybe at rush hour B4 ramadan.

The San Fran police chief Fred Lau then went on
    LIVE and said the source may have been "not -credible." BUT, San Francisco is on the highest alert I have ever seen.

GEEZ! My manager called me on VMX tonight and we were to drive across the BAY BRIDGE to a lunch about 30 miles away. She does not want to cross the bridge. I told her fine, I understood.

Bechtel, a huge engineering firm, just announced that their 1000 employees in Marin County (across the Golden gate Bridge) could stay home if they did not want to cross. GEEZ.

I hope nothing has happened to ANYONE ANYWHERE when we reread my message in a week.

I remember - as a kid - staying home from work for a SNOW DAY! Those times seemed better.
    They were....

paw to paw, coast to coast - dogman

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

On "EDUCATIONAL TV" on my satellite dish, I saw them building the GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE...

AMAZING...

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

George - saw that on history channel - it was a heck of an achievement.

later - dogman

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Crossed The Bay Bridge Today.....

Today, I went across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco for a business lunch I was hosting.

They normally have about 6 ways to get onto the bridge - depending on where you are downtown.
    I turned onto my normal exit - sharply detoured down to 1 lane; now only one way to get onto the bridge from my location.

They had a military vehicle (tank type) with armed
    military in fatigues, M-16s over their shoulders.
    California Highway Patrol, motorcycle, cars, and some neat kind of special CHP blacked out Chevy Blazers. There are helicopters in the air above me.

Crossed it at 10:30 am. I turned up my radio and opened the sunroof on the Maxima.
    I lit a Marlboro Medium and drove 55 - thinking how ridiculous it was that I could even be on this bridge - at exactly the time it was hit - thinking the odds were unapproachable - then thinking how I hit the 2 royal flushes - both diamonds - and won $5000 - that was good - that was great - but I got those odds. Sometimes a simple drag off a Marlboro tastes so good.

At the end of the ramp, there is another tank and militia - doggin and protecting the East Bay.
    Lunch was OK - California is nervous. I am absolutely thinking that I must be going back to SAN FRANCISCO and get across that obstacle between me and my city. I did not want to be stopped in Friday pm traffic, on a 5 mile long bridge.

I drove the 33 miles back to the bridge. I could see SF - and Twin Peaks - my place - about 8 miles to the West. Amazingly clear - saw a helicopter nearby.

I hit the tollbooth just B4 3pm, and was still in the carpool lane - legal to do until 3pm. As I approached, they were lowering the bars and closing the carpool lanes, but the toll person waived me through. I told her to be safe and be with her family. She smiled with the same look in her eyes that we all have - smiling, sad tearful, like me now.

Saw heavy military at the halfway point - and police everywhere on "Treasure Island." Treasure Island is an island at the midpoint of the Bay Bridge. It is where they filmed Nash Bridges, there is military housing and facilities; also they leased out part of Treasure Island for VERY EXPENSIVE APARTMENTS - $1500 for a studio - $2000 for a 1 bedroom. BEAUTIFUL 360 VIEWS. I bet those poor folks feel like they got a bargain - paying $2K a month to be attached to the number 2 target on the West Coast. (Obviously the Golden Gate Bridge is our treasure to the world - as is San Francisco itself.)

Got to the near end of the bridge and looked up and there were military on the spans on top - and they had put up a HUGE AMERICAN FLAG. I just gave them the high five through the sunroof.

Typing this tonight, the security, military, and general heat have moved up about 4 notches.

FYI - I drove across the bridge because I refuse to lay down for these ****ers. In fact, if I knew where to start, I'd be out there kicking friggin ass for killing our people.

GEEZ - a bi guy in San Francisco ready to kick ass?
    Put it this way - I've had to kick people's asses in the past.... AROOOOOOOO!!!!!!

God Bless America! Dogman
    US POST OFFICE-YOU DELIVER IT-USA WILL READ IT!

10. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Congrats cyprigirl.

mindy