I'm one second from dumping MBNA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Oct 1, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They have my <CREDIT BALANCE> on FRAUD CHECK!!!

They are checking the over payment for FRAUD!!!

So I OVER-PAID...So I forgot one pending payment...AND I ASSUMED I WOULD NEVER BE APPROVED FOR A 3rd AMEX CARD!!!

The account is PAID IN FULL WITH A CREDIT BALANCE...THEY ARE HOLDING MY MONEY HOSTAGE!!!

ON THE PLUS SIDE...THEY ARE STILL MY HIGHEST CREDIT LIMIT...EVEN IF THEY HAVE GIVEN ME NO INCREASE IN OVER 7 YEARS!!!

I TOLD THEM THE CARD IS IN THE SOCK DRAWER COLLECTING LINT!!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SINCE WHEN CAN YOU CAN SEND A FRAUDULENT EFT??????

3. Thee One

Thee One Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly it's also possible to make a deposit to someone's bank account knowing just the account number. I think this is an UYGF thing. Their collecting interest off of your money. You should charge them interest is they keep it for an amount of time greater than your grace period.

4. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BT'S FROM

CITIBANK
    AMEX
    DISCOVERCARD

OFF SHORE BANKS???
    SINCE WHEN???

6. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Re: Re: I'm one second from dumping MBNA

George,
    please do not misunderstand me. I did not say you commited the crime. I just posted the article for you to read and understand why MBNA is now investigating your account. It's because they are obligated by the law to do so whenever they receive large payments to credit card accounts.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: I'm one second from dumping MBNA

I called and got some phone numbers to call...(THURSDAY AM)

THEY ARE HOLDING MY CREDIT BALANCE HOSTAGE...

ARE THEY GOING TO PAY ME INTEREST???

8. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

George, don't dump them, just make me an AU on that card. Instead of having the UYGF working against you, you will have the OIYTF working for you! LOL

OIYT= Only If You're Trish Factor

9. dwooley

dwooley Well-Known Member

There is something about cc companies and their way of treating credit balances. It would be interesting to find out why they treat overpayments as a suspicious activity. Was that you who had amex account closed for overpayment, George?

10. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

Sounds like my DELL payment LMAO

Like I am going to pay a payment with a personal check and allow it to bounce...they hold your payments for an eternity!

11. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

But wasn't your over payment by $15K or some LARGE amount? Regardless of ANY circumstances, I think a bank would check into that much $$. I'm sure you'll have it in your account in short time.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm one second from dumping MBNA

AMEX (BLUE) threatened to CLOSE the account...

13. dwooley

dwooley Well-Known Member

Hang on with them for a little while. They give me the biggest increases. Unlike bank1 and cap1.

14. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i've done the balance payment trick several times. both amex and mbna, and indeed, my accounts are still alive and well.

I guess they are use to my spending habits and odditities so they don't complain. I have 4 amex cards with like $-5 and a reverse BT for about $5000 on mbna, no problems.

Perhaps there are limits on what you should attempt to do, crawl before you walk ;) george.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm one second from dumping MBNA

7 years???

HOW MANY MORE DO I WAIT???