I'm really floored now (part II)!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I can't believe it!!!!

I am now an amercian express cardholder!!!!!!

I got approved for the Delta Skymiles card!!!!!!
    The same card I was denied for a week ago!

My tu score is 618 which probably means 658 or 668 and with 4 inquires (thanks leo and bkev for the TU inquiry tip it really works)

YIPPIE!!!!!!

I am still in shock!!!!!

Cypri:)

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Congrats Cypri! That must be a great feeling. Say, before you leave the board for the day, could you check out the thread on the peach? I gave some advice, but I only have an associates in CRJ, and you are almost finished with law school, right? Anyways, I think I'd like to knoe that what I said was either true or not true at all. Congrats again, I hope I can stand in your shoes one day!

3. Cyprigirl

Thanks Erica!

From what I read you are right. But I definitely suggest the mother goes to the store and then send a validation letter to a CA, because they real don't have any cause of action, or any real claim, especially since the case was thrown out as said in the thread.

Its probably court costs they are going after, but did the judge make this clear how court fees would be handled?

It all seems so weird to me.

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. really weird. Like they needed to meet a quota, or something. Hey, I just thought of this....The criminal case was thrown out, what if there is a civil case? That could explain the $183. Well, maybe not because there isn't a judgement. At any rat, it feels good to know that my degree paid off somehow! LOL
    Congrats again on the Amex, you deserve it!!!

5. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations Cyprigirl. It is a great feeling, to be the newest amex member.

mindy :)

6. Cyprigirl

Does anyone know the new accounts number for Chase or their customer service number?

I tried to find it on their website but it is not working properly.

Thanks in advance!

7. Cyprigirl

chase is really tough!
    I just called about my application from a couple days ago and they declined when I had one neg from 1995 and plus its a duplicate account because the lender gave me a new account.

Wow!

They want no negatives, but I thought others on this board had some delinquencies in the past and had been approved.

The rep told me I had to have it removed before they can approve me, and I thought Chase would be smoother.

Oh well I have to crank out that reconsideration letter.

8. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Thats the spirit Cyprigirl, don't give up, call ask for reconsideration, if that doesn't work PFB them. I got chase in sept 01, pulled tu I've got 1 derog a pd state tax lien from like 97, and I didn't have a problem with approval so the person you spoke with was wrong with their info. Good luck

mindy

9. Cyprigirl

Thanks Mindy, I think your are right it depends sometimes who you speak to.

I will give it a try!

I have the proof to show that the lender gave me a new account.

10. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

What inquiry tip? LOL How in the heck do I get turned down for a target guest card with a 620 and you get this :( Sad for me HAPPY for you. Congrats

11. Cyprigirl

now im confused i checked my eq report and amex and target pulled eq with zillion inquiries yet i was denied a week ago with tu report, very strange. and my score is now 696.

go figure

cypri:)