I'm Screwed.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Jan 30, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

As some of you know, I got slammed with a ridiculous DMV judgement. It is on Tranunion only. Well, It was added to my file in 12/00. I havenot taken care of it yet but I will. I moved to Pennsylvania, the land of Transunion. I will not get credit again, until I either get it off my report or wait 7 years. Ugh.

roni

2. mt

mt Guest

Roni -- the world will look better tomorrow. I appreciate your posts, as well as Mom of 3's.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Wasn't that because you "PAID" but, were not told about the "EXTRA FEE"???

Did you dispute it as "PAID IN FULL"

Or are you afraid it will just get worse?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yes, George, when I went to court and paid my numerous outstanding tickets..totally a couple of thousand dollars, no one told me about the surcharges. They said they mailed me bills. Of course they were using an old address. I was at the DMV a month before I moved and no one mentioned it, when I reinstated my license. So they put in on my report in less than 6 months. Awful. Of course they gave me the song and dance...once it's on your report ma'am. Guys I am tired and have been avoiding this fight. But I guess i have to put my gloves on.

roni

5. Sandra

Sandra Guest

email me directly and I can tell you what happened to me in a similar situation....

6. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

Don't say that! I have a judgement unrelated to credit that I am trying to overcome that's only 3 years old. And I need a car.

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Roni, I posted last night about Divorce and Bankruptcy. My friend has a paid judgement from last year, her score is 747. I don't think it had much bearing on her report.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: hay roni??

Do they have your SSN #?

If not you might be able to get it off...

:)

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

You should fight this one.

That is really bad luck to have this problem surface.

Thanks for bringing the parking ticket issue on the chat a couple of weeks ago. As you know, I paid 2 tickets just before they went to the DMV.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: hay roni??

they have a court file # or something like that with the DMV. Oh GEez!

roni

sam wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Do they have your SSN #?

If not you might be able to get it off...

:)

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: You should fight this one.

Jim,
    It seems they will try anything to ruin our credit. What get me is I paid the tickets. They were very old but I pulled them out of glove compartment (lol) and paid them. These were additional daggone surcharges. UGH! I will find a way to get over this. MOre letters, phone calls, Does it ever end?

roni

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I hope the judgment doesn't

affect your home buying plans. Keep up the good fight!!