I'm starting the process...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Feb 28, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Ok, the bad stuff firstâ?¦

Per husband's Equifax:
    Check this out:
    Collection account 1: reported: 03/00 assigned 11/95 amount 115.00 paid blance 0.00 date of last activity 08/95 shared but other wise undesignated Acct #
    DIRECTLY below that is this:
    Same collection company, same client, reported 08/98 assigned 11/95 amount *114.00 UNPAID balance 14.00 date of last activity: 08/95 JOINT account (same account number as above)
    I paid this off 03/00â??hence that date but, can they report this twice? Isnâ??t that making the report think that my husband has TWO collection accounts, one paid off and one not?
    Should I dispute both at the same time as not his? Or just the unpaid one?

I am really looking forward to doing my credit repair with all of you, I've really enjoyed this board, and having such great people around has inspired me to really start in on these items! thank you all!
    AnnMarie

2. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Re: I'm starting the process..

Dispute both accounts as not his. They will probably both get deleted. Since you've already paid the collection company they may not bother to verify even the correct one. If the company does verify and they don't get deleted then you should dispute the unpaid one as a duplicate. If that doesn't work, you have a law suit.

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: I'm starting the process..

Wow that was quick! Thank you! I'm going to try and come up with a good dispute letter tonight and mail it out tomorrow.