IMPORTANT ??'s!! Please help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dustin, Jan 19, 2001.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

My Mom got a letter the other day to appear in court for a judgement. They were for old medical bills. She wants to know what her options are. Can she just call the creditor and work something out, or is it done and final. They will garnish my Dad's wages if it is.
    Please help!! NEED ADVICE!!

Dustin

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: IMPORTANT ??'s!! Please he

I wish when I got that notice to go to court that I would of contacted the creditor and made arrangements. Instead, I blew them off and didn't show up (it was 2 hrs away and I couldn't just take time off of work and go and loose pay, etc.). I knew I owed them the money (defaulted on a car loan.....long story).

My advice is to contact whoever it is and make arrangements before court. If that's not possible or they don't want to hear what you have to say....then SHOW UP TO COURT! Don't blow them off.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Contact their attorney and say you're ready to settle the debt. Be prepared to pay right away.

Tell them the only condition for payment is that the suit be dismissed. Get it in writing.

Saar

4. Nancy Klin

Nancy Klin Guest

My advice is to contact whoever it is and make arrangements before court. If that's not possible or they don't want to hear what you have to say....then SHOW UP TO COURT! Don't blow them off>

Whynot?

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Because then they automatically win and a judgment will be entered against you! Having a judgment on your credit report is bad bad bad! Also, I know if you go to court you and the judge can come up with a reasonalbe repayment term instead of them trying to garnish your wages or something.

6. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

Check SOL for your state. Most likely it's expired. Go to court and argue that point.

-Alwilda Smith