In Case You Missed MY:

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 24, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

In case you missed my first post on this matter, I decided to repost my good news. Thru Instant messages and Chats, I was surprised that so many posters missed that the Dept of Education Ombudsman's office was helpful in getting my defaulted student loans deleted from my credit file. So here it is again.

My student loans defaulting caused me to straighten up and fight back in credit repair. My lender screwed me. They defaulted my student loans even though I had applied for deferment. I had proof etc and they still refused to remove THEIR error from my credit file.

Two years after the fact, I was able to get those defaulted loans (11) removed from my credit file even though everyone TOLD me once student loans default...TOO BAD.

The Dept of Ed's ombudsman's office had my back all the way and negotiated removal of the defaults from my credit file.

I have posted about those dang loans for one year and now the battle is over. Luckily I rebuilt my credit despite that problem. In the meantime, I learned a heck of a lot about credit, credit repair, and of course, STUDENT LOANS...LOL

I AM HEAR TO HELP ANYONE. AND IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I HAVE THE PHONE NUMBER OR ADDRESS OF SOMEONE WHO CAN.

smoochies.

roni

2. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

CONGRATS

Dang, if I had student loan probs you could help me :( That's great, persistence is the key. I keep hoping I will tire them out (CA and CRA) or I will run out of postage money first......lol

Christi

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Re: CONGRATS

That is so cool. Although, I don't think you can help me, my negatives are inaccurate. I now have six listings on my reports. 1 on Trans, 2 on Exp, and 3 on Equifax. One will fall off Equifax in Sept of this year and one will fall off in Jan of 2002 on Experian. I sent a letter to the one that is listed once on each report and will remain until 2004 (ouch, three more years). I have disputed all of them at least once and some 4 times. I am done after I get the results of my disputes that are in now and the result of that letter. Thanks for offering to help. Oh, and the one that will fall off in Sept. is listed as I9 but should be I5 but I will probably not even bother because it will fall off in sept. I am taking the summer session off school so I can work part time and so I don't have to take out any more loans. I am so tired of this whole credit repair business. Maybe if I ease up I will get better results, I'll let you know :)

4. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Re: CONGRATS

Roni,

Where have you been? It's been strange not seeing your posts on the board.

Sean

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Molly.

You said the negatives are inaccurate? why are YOU have a problem...

roni

6. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

Roni

I also had help from the Ombudsman's Office. I won't go into too much detail but they saved me over $2,000!! I didn't have to worry about my credit report though because the default was more than 7 years old and had already fallen off all three reports. I dont know where I would be ($2,000 poorer I guess, unjustly) without their help.

7. molly

molly Well-Known Member

sorry

I meant accurate. Only the one i9 and i5 situation. If equifax would report from the first deliquency instead of the date it was sold I could get rid of one more. THe loan was opened in 7/1992 and i never paid while it was at citibank, but I can't get anywhere. THe loans are bad, i did default but they are all paid now. Citibank tells me that is was sold and they don't have anything else except that who it was sold to. Then when I demand that they remove it because they must be able to show me how and why they are reporting everything they say ITS ACCURATE AND IS BEING REPORTED ACCURATELY. I don't think Ombudsman can help.

8. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

That's great

Those omnibudsmen type people can and usually do a great job. I've used them with the Veteran's Administration a couple of times and they did great each time.

One should always use those types of resources when they are available. Most hospitals have them too and will help out with billing or other disputes too.

Bill Bauer

9. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Why not Molly?

If it's actually inaccurate and you can prove it as you probably can, then why would you think an omnibudsman can't help you? Seems to me like they would just love to help out in a situation like that, and they most definitely have a lot more clout than we do.

Or am I missing something here?

10. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

OK! I understand now. Right!

Ok. I understand now why an omnibudsman can't do you any good.

Yep. You are exactly right.

Bill Bauer

11. molly

molly Well-Known Member

you thought..

they were inaccurate? There are tiny mistakes they are reporting but I did default and so its hard to get them to remove on a technicaity.

12. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

Re: you thought..

Roni,

How do I reach the Omnibudsman regarding defaulted student loans. I have a few that appear on Experian. Lexington Law has been successful in removing them from TU and Equifax.

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

15. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Sorry, their website

I had great help from the Ombudsmans office, too. The gentleman got 5 disbursements deleted that had been rehabilitated under a different lender. The original lender refused to delete them with my phone calls, but one call from him and the problem was fixed.

Marci