Inaccurate info by CB's. Why..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by IVAN, Apr 13, 2001.

1. IVAN

IVAN Well-Known Member

Why when a credit bureau "accidentally" puts inaccurate information on our credit reports, is our only recourse to dispute it and hope they'll change it?

These credit reporting agencies are putting information in our files which affects every aspect of our lives, and we are at their mercy to "hope" they get this information right.

I'm posting this because I just disputed inaccurate info which obviously has been on my reports for years without me knowing. Experian corrected the mistake, but, what about them just deleting the information if they can't get it 100% accurate when they first insert it into our credit profiles. The price they should have to pay should be that if the info is not completely accurate from the time it is put on our credit profile, then the credit bureau should delete the whole thing without question.

This is bullsh*t. They can put whatever they want on our credit files, and if they get it wrong, the only repercussion is that (after we dispute it!!) they change the information. These credit bureaus should have to pay a price for this - if it's wrong, it is completely deleted!!
    Look at Domino's, if their late, they knock off 3 bucks.

We the consumers need to take charge and have this changed!!

Who's with me?

Ivan

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Inaccurate info by CB's. W

We the consumers need to take charge and have this changed!!

Who's with me?

Ivan

Reply To Message===they get by with it because customers arent united!!!!!!!!

3. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Re: Inaccurate info by CB's. W

I don't understand this either. Are CB's not legally accountable and is there recourse against them or creditors who file wrong info? Still learning, but I will figure this game out.

4. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

hello

hello

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Guest

Re Hello

goodbye