Inaccurate info verified. Need

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PC509, Sep 13, 2000.

1. PC509

PC509 Guest

On my Equifax report, I had a Wells Fargo account (from Norwest before it was bought out), and I disputed the information, and they verified it. It was inaccurate. So I got my Experian report (TONS on inaccuracys!), and it has the ACCURATE info (paid off in full, using the creditors statement). Can I use the Experian report as proof of payment to Equifax?
    Thanks

Dustin

2. Pat

Pat Guest

RE: Inaccurate info verified.

write to Wells Fargo. if they don't correct the item, sue them for libel in small claims court and obtain their records via subpoena duces tecum.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as you. I had an account through Norwest then they were bought out by Wells Fargo. My account has since been paid and closed but it's stating that I was late and that I "settled for less than full..." one of my accounts which is not true. I have a dispute on file w/ the CRA's.

4. janet

janet Guest

How should he/she word their letter to Wells? I have a similar situation, any ideas would be helpful. I have an account that is going to fall off Experian in Nov. but is going to continue on the other two for another year and a half. If it was just a few months difference I would not mind, but 18 months difference is a lot.