Included in BK

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nj_newbie, Jul 15, 2001.

1. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to dispute items on a credit report that show "included/discharged in bk". I have tried the not mine approach and they keep coming back verified.

I would love to hear ideas on this. I am looking to improve my score within the next six months so I can get a good rate on a mortgage. Right now I have a 557 with Experian and a 534 with Equifax.

Thanks for your help.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PAID AS AGREED, NEVER LATE, BALANCE $0, ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CONSUMER...

Might work, you have nothing to lose...

3. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

George,

Thanks...I'll try your suggestions on my next round.

NJ_Newbie

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Word of caution!

I had an almost nightmare with a bk13 account..it read "included in Chap. 13," had $0 balance. I disputed it (actually junum did) and it came back with the chap. 13 notation gone and showed an $8,000+ balance making me very late and over my credit dropping my score like crazy.

I fought to get the chap. 13 notation back (in time for mortgage) and that increased score (though not as much as it dropped it).

My point is ..be careful!

5. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Hi everyone....

Is there a point to having these items removed? Will removal of items included in BK increase your score at all if the BK is still listed on your report? I am considering going after these accounts next.

Thanks,

Tom

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I had some that aged before BK is off..and it did increase my score ever so slightly when they were removed. As I said, just be careful that you don't hurt yourself.

7. tmitchell

NanaC....

Thanks for the heads up. Actually, my intention was to reaffirm a few of the accounts BUT when I called the creditors, they said they no longer had info on my account in their computers because they were too old (> 4yrs).

That's what gave me the idea to dispute as not mine. The CRA can't possibly verify so I may be able to eliminate 4 or 5 of these accounts.

When you say "ever so slightly", how many points are we talking? I need to increase my scores by 10-20 points by next summer to qualify for a sub-prime mortgage (I know, bummer). After a few years, I'll be in better shape (my BK will have fallen off) and I'll re-fi.

Tom

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

When they put the balance, it dropped my score 40 points. When they put it back to included in chap 13, it went up 4 points.

All other factors remained the same except for one inquiry.

My BK is gone in 03...whoohoo...but my accounts are gone before then..some fell off this year..

To be honest, my focus is not those marked included in bk but the collection accounts, etc. I have one collection account left on each credit report.

9. tmitchell

NanaC

Thanks, I just had the last collection removed from TU and just need one more removed from EQ. Is it just me or are TU and EQ much easier to deal with than EXP? I'm batting something like .900 on TU and EQ but EXP is really tough!

By the way, about 98% of my successful disputes have come by way of online disputing. Also, I haven't followed the code of disputing once every so many days as there have been times that I've had 3 and 4 disputes going simultaneously with each CRA.

Tom

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Experian is the worst and most difficult for me. Ugh..

I had junum so they were setting the number of disputes (4 every 2 weeks) and now I'm only left with the 1 so that's the one I'm disputing along with some inquiries.