Incorrect entry on CR?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jun 20, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Hi friends....

I'm trying to formulate a good plan of attack to get a BK deleted. Forgive me if I sound like a novice - I am.

Anyway, looking at the BK entry on my report, the CLAIM AMOUNT is listed as NA and the LIABILITY AMOUNT is listed as $0. Additionally, the docket numebr is wrong by a digit (as stated in one of my other posts).

Can I dispute this based on the fact that the entry is incomplete? (no liability or claim amounts). Anyone have any first-hand knowledge regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Tom

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Dispute as NOT ACCURATE to the CRA's and see what happens.. that's your first step.

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that would be my first step.
    I would first see if I could get a copy of whatever judgement the incorrect number listed in your credit file corresponded to.Get a copy if there actually is one.Maybe then I would dispute as not mine with viable proof that the specified judgement #really does belongs to someone else. I would only dispute one item on the judgement at a time,saving them for later disputes,if needed.Special Delivery, signature required.

Maybe someone on this board can give you a better idea of how to look up a judgement by specific, individual cs number and get a copy of that judgement.Maybe someone can also give you an idea of how to get proof a cs# doesn't exist or has yet to be assigned if the listed cs # truly doesn't exist yet.Lots of luck,Tom.

I would probably start out at the courthouse,clerks or recorders office and go from there.

VJ

4. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Thanks....

I have already called bankruptcy court and used their automated system. If I search using the docket number on my CR, the system tells me the case doesn't exist. However, if I search the automated system using my SSN, the system finds my case.

This being the situation, I am uncertain as to where I should begin. For what it's worth, one of my reports doesn't even list my BK (just a few of the accounts that were included in it).

Tom