Incorrect Info (somewhat long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marla, Nov 9, 2000.

1. Marla

Marla Guest

Here's the situation:

I pulled my TransUnion report from worthknowing.com, and it lists 3 items as being deliquent. It lists these as all being closed, one with a balance, the others with a $0 balance. I paid each of these accounts in full (2 installment loans), 1 credit card account. All of them should be removed within the next 6 months and, looking back at the history one, it should have been of this year (if the law states that the item should be removed 7 years from the first serious delinquency).

Should I even bother disputing them, since I can just let them "fall" off in a few months, or should I dispute? If I dispute, what would be the best course to take?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Marla

2. floatvalve

floatvalve Guest

RE: Incorrect Info (somewhat l

Marla,

Most CB's use the date of last activity or date closed as the start of your 7 year wait. This date can vary between the 3 CB'S also.

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Marla I'd dispute it. The worst that could happen is that it would come back verified, in which case it will fall off soon anyway. Dispute it on the grounds that the information is inaccurate (and it is). Maybe some of the experts here can give you an idea on exact wording for your letter. Good luck!

4. Marla

Marla Guest

Thanks, Carrot. I'll give it a shot. Also, are you gonna make it on the chat Sunday night? I believe it's 9:00pm EST.

5. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I have to babysit a demonic 18 month old on Sunday, so who knows if I'll have enough energy to even worry about my credit!!