increase in points--please explain

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nj_newbie, Jun 19, 2001.

1. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

I signed up with Experian's Credit Manager services. My score 2 weeks ago was 548. Today, I checked to see what my score was and it was up three points to a 552. However, my report looks about the same. Any ideas on how it increased.

Also, I am sending out a letter today to have a judgment removed from my report due to it being vacated by the courts. Any idea on how this will affect my score, or how many points I will gain. Thanks.

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

All of your accounts are always aging. It could be related to that.

3. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Funny mine went up thre points too. I couldn't see anything either. I thought maybe some payments hit and the total debt went down.

By the way you have to call to cancel. The site won't do it. That is if you plan to cancel before the 30 days is up. You might decide to keep it.

4. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Judy,

Thanks for the response. When I think about it a few of my newer accounts will age to 2 years within the next few months, including my car loan. Right now all these little points help because I am trying to boost as much as possible to apply for a mortgage Spring 2002.

5. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

if there are any disclaimers on that site about that score not being the FICO score, would you post them?

Also, what, if any, reasons did they give that your score is not higher?

Nobody can tell you the number of points to expect for any changes. The formulae are too complicated. If anybody tells you something like "Inquiries are four points each," ask them where they got that information.