Info from Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ryanne, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Ryanne

Ryanne Guest

I called the 800 number listed on my statement and spoke with one of their representatives. I found out from her that they will give small increases after you've had three straight months of activity and nothing negative (overlimits, late payments). Since I didn't use the card in January, they have to start from this month. If I use the card in Feb, Mar, and April, they will do a review and, according to her, give me another increase. I guess this explains the previous increase I had of $200. Supposedly, they will also decrease my APR then also. I know this is different from what others have gotten when they called, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Ryanne
    http://www.geocities.com/creditassist

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

It's the same

If this is your first Prov card and it's new this month it's exactly the same as what we've been told. You have to go through your first review period before you can call in and ask for anything additional. Even on my second card I can't break this one (and I've tried). You have to establish some sort of relationship with them before you ask for improvements, and that's fair. 3-4 months on an account is nothing.