Info in Experian Creditfile no

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ashley g, Jun 30, 2000.

1. Ashley g

Ashley g Guest

I've only 2 accounts listed in my Experian credit file, but these two are not listed in Equifax and Transunion. Why is that?

How can i have them appear in Equifax and Transunion as creditors like Bank Of America pull reports mostly from Equifax.

any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

2. David D.

David D. Guest

RE: Info in Experian Creditfil

Unfortunately, creditors are not required to report to any credit reporting agency. It would be worth a try, though, to call each of your creditors and request that they report to both TransUnion and Equifax.

3. CardReport

CardReport Guest

RE: Info in Experian Creditfil

The credit bureaus are totally separate, competing compaies, with totally separate databases.

Creditors may have different relationships with each bureau. My guess is that the creditors in question use Experian for pulling reports, and are thus generally closer to them. There may be some contractual obligation to report the accounts, including positive info. Those creditors may have arraingements to only report to the other two bureaus if something negative happens, like late payments or total default.

Some creditors have the idea that they don't want to report too much positive info, since it will show their competitors who the good customers are.

I suggest writing (*not* calling) customer service at the creditors, and requesting that they submit the account info to Equifax and T-U.

CardReport.Com - Credit Tools, News, And Reference
    http://www.cardreport.com/