Info on CreditExpert

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I know there has been several questions concerning CreditExpert's scoring system. I found this on Experian's biweekly "Ask Max" section. Hope it helps.

Dear Max,

I am participating in the 30-day free trial of Credit Manager. Is my credit score that
    I received access to with this service considered my FICO score, or is this
    something different?

- GMC

Dear GMC,

I'm glad to hear you are trying Credit Manager from Credit Expert and hope you
    find it is a valuable credit management tool. The risk score from Credit Manager
    was developed by Experian's credit scoring business and is used by lenders
    across the country.

To be specific, the score is called the Experian National Risk Model. The scale
    has been adjusted to reflect the standard Fair, Isaac Company (FICO) risk model
    scale. That eases comparison of the numbers, but in reality, the numbers don't
    really matter.

The risk factors provided through Credit Manager tell you exactly what information
    you need to address to improve your creditworthiness. While scales used by
    various models may vary tremendously, the risk factors are very consistent.

In the end, there are a limited number of things that make you a good or bad credit
    risk. Every risk score model looks at essentially the same things, so the factors
    will be virtually the same no matter what risk score model is used.

Worrying about getting a 700 or a 108 (which is the best score on one model I am
    aware of) doesn't do any good. Instead, concentrate on the risk factors provided by
    Credit Manager. Your creditworthiness will improve and so will your risk scores, no
    matter what model is used.

Dani
    PS I love it how they say don't worry about the score. Apparently, their wish is to keep us in the dark forever.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU MIGHT "CHEAT" you may do things to your credit like BT or pay down your balances...or close some accounts or open some...