Info on Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tolefairy, Nov 17, 2001.

1. tolefairy

tolefairy New Member

I used to work for Junum........until I didn't get paid on payday........that was in August....had to quit and go find a job where I DID get paid.......still haven't gotten paid from Junum......the Ca Labor Board and I are still trying to get that done...they finally sent my paycheck to the Labor Board in October and guess what? It bounced! ..there were 5 other claims "open" with the Labor Board when I filed in Sept.....

What does that tell you about what kind of company Junum is?

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Really nothing at all. Their ability or their to pay their employees or their bills has nothing to do with their morality or what kind of a company they are.

If that were going to be any kind of a yardstick then what kind of a person are you if you can'c pay your bills on time for some reason or another. You see, it's not any more of a moral issue when a company falls on hard times than it is when a person falls on hard times. In either case, it was usually bad management or failure to earn a sufficient amount of money to pay for what they were spending or things like that. But it's not a moral issue.

So let's at least be fair even though you might be angry with them. If they are falling on hard times but manage to survive, I wonder how well their credit repair methods will work for them?
    Will they use their own methods on their problems or will they learn how to handle their problems in better ways than they have been using to attempt to fix the problems of their customers?

Only time will tell what will happen, but it's not a moral issue.

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Hmm, Bill, well on this issue I think we respectfully disagree. A company that falls on hard times has an obligation to its employees to let them know what's going on. They shouldn't simply write bad checks to their employees and pretend that all's well. I also believe that a company that treats its own employees dishonestly will have even less trouble treating its customers the same way. This is a terrible red flag that hopefully doesn't portend terrible things for paying Junum customers who expect a level of service for their fees.

Tolefairy, thanks very much for sharing this information with us. Keep us posted if you will. Also, I think there are be many people here who would be interested in anything else you can share regarding this interesting company. Looks like the company is faltering just as it attempts to break into credit-related services for businesses.

Doc

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I doubt that we are going to disagree either respectfully or otherwise on this issue.

But while your comments are quite valid, I really didn't consider that aspect because of the simple fact that quite often the company can be the victim of other circumstances such as fraud or embezzlement of company funds by an employee in the bookkeeping section or other problems that the company did not know about at the time they had the checks disbursed. This accusation is the first we have heard, so it's really a bit early to get all judgmental in this case.

Well, while that's quite true, of course. I've always believed that a company that refuses to be 100% truthful with it's customers and tries to hide things from it's customers has to be somewhat less than reputable to start off with, and then lying just about every time they open their corporate mouths is less than reputable as well. But as I'm quite sure you and others are well aware of, every time I bring that up I get kicked for slamming my competition by those who fail to understand or refuse to believe that I'm not in competition with Junum or any other credit repair firm.

Quite true, Doc.

I just think that no matter how bad it might seem at first glance we might do well to see if any other employees have also been similiarly abused and maybe a bit more news about what might have been the cause if indeed that ever comes out. One would think that with the supposedly tight economic times that we are supposedly going through right now they ought to be getting more and more customers in. I know that at the seminar I attended yesterday there were an awful lot of people who picked up my flyers which were on a table at the entrance to the seminar and quite a few people were interested in knowing more about what I do and stated they had relatives and friends they wanted to refer me to.

I also ran into quite a few people who provided more insights into the Kansas legal system which I have been hearing so much about lately. Complaining about how terrible it is and how they can't get relief from the state's legal system even though they make appeal after appeal to higher courts. I think they got a lot of useful insights at the seminar.

One or two of the speakers taught how to use the IRS W-9 form and demand for proof of IRS form 8655 against traffic and other courts when it looked bad for the defendant. Seems like they have uncovered some pretty rotten stuff going on in the general legal and legislative systems. It seems that all our courts are required to have TINs and of course, if you stop to think about it, it's got to be true. So a W-9 presented to the court seems to be putting a big hitch in their git-along because once demanded the request cannot be ignored by federal law.

I guess even IRS would have to have a TIN of some kind stop to think about it. One might want to see if IRS is obeying it's own laws????

It's also becoming obvious that all of the state legislatures are also operating illegally and all these codes they put out now are not laws at all. Some researchers have found out that all states should actually be operating under the same constitutions that they filed with the federal government when they were ratified for statehood. Seems that while they filed their constitutions and got ratified under the 1895 territorial act and had their constitutions ratified under the auspices of that act, they have since changed them around time after time after time without submitting the changes to the Federal Government for it's ratification which was required off them to do under the Territorial Act of 1895.

Also, it seems like we may not actually have a legal court system at all because some researchers claim that at some point in time the United States Congress adjourned SINE DIE, whatever that means. It is being claimed that when the Congress adjorned SINE DIE, it meant that the entire government and it's legal system was somehow put into limbo and in order for things to be put back to normal the congress would have had to reconvened in that same year and since they never did, everything has been totally and completely illegal since that time.
    I've seen where it was mentioned in some document where the congress adjurned sine die and I just never thought much about it since I had no silly idea what that meant and still don't.

I haven't the foggiest idea if those speakers who talked about those things know what they are talking about or not, but it was awfully interesting to say the least.

I guess Florida has some awfully interesting consumer protection laws and one of the researchers claimed that he lived in Georgia and had just forced the Georgia legislature to adopt te same laws as Florida has. Something about how one state can be forced to adopt the laws of another due to the Uniform Code of Justice Act. I never had heard of that either, but then I'm not a lawyer and I'm not into the study of law to the extent that those people who spoke obviously are either.

They have also found out that IRS is just as succeptable to FDCPA as any other debt collector and can be pounded when they fail to obey the demands of FDCPA.

Interesting day to say the least.

5. PsychDoc

Yep, looking forward to hearing more. :)

Doc

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I wish I had more to put out that I knew was accurate. I don't.

7. tolefairy

tolefairy New Member

Well, Bill........did I sound all that angry? I got over the anger and frustration in October when, after numerous times trying to contact them by phone and email, and getting the run-around...and especially after finding out that I was one of six "open" claims......and that there had been several in the recent past.....the case worker at the Labor Board was VERY familiar with Junum!...she would not or could not tell me how any of the prior cases had been resolved, or if they had been......I just figured I was "whistling Dixie" and would probably never get my money. As you say, in this day and time.....and yes, it was extrememly devastating to my financial situation when, with no explanation, I was told I would not be paid on the payday of August 20th. I have bills, too. I did finally get that paycheck, but it is the "final" paycheck that I am still trying to get. Perhaps it was the evasive and non-commuicative stalling that bothered me the most, and then learning from the Labor Board that this was their" modus operandi".

I don't feel I can go into the work I did for them and their methods, Doc. Even though what I might share would be truthful and not positive in nature, I am not looking for trouble.

My sole reason for posting at all, was to give insight into this company and to issue whatever caution one might want to take from it. "Falling onto hard times" is not the situation here.....this has been a long-time situation with Junum......unless of course, they have always been "falling on hard times".......

I just think it speaks volumes that a company that refuses to pay employees is handling other peoples credit repair....ummmm?

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Probably not. It's just that I and many others have been in that situation at one time or another and so we pretty well know how mad we got about things like that and we pretty well know how angray most folke would get under similiar situations[quote} I got over the anger and frustration in October when, after numerous times trying to contact them by phone and email, and getting the run-around...and especially after finding out that I was one of six "open" claims......and that there had been several in the recent past.....the case worker at the Labor Board was VERY familiar with Junum!...she would not or could not tell me how any of the prior cases had been resolved, or if they had been......[/quote]
    Well then, it's not a new thing at all. Well, I guess that's not all that surprising either. Yours was the first time I had ever heard such a complaint against them.
    I imagine so.
    That never helps either.
    Sad.

how about in private email? I'd sure like to learn how credit repair companies work. All I know is what I hear on these boards and in some books I've got.

In reality, I know very little about credit repair. I've often said that I don't believe in lying to credit bureaus and trying to get the credit bureaus to believe that a lie is the truth and the truth is a lie isn't the way I want to do business and I wouldn't advise anyone else to do that either. Is that about the way they do their credit repair or am I being unfair in making that assessment?

If you don't want to answer the question in public, send me an email with the answer. That's about all I really care to know anyway. It would be kind of interesting to know if I am right on that or not. So if you want to give me that answer in email, that's fine. I'll not say who it was that either told me I was wrong or verified what I have been saying.

Well, I do hope people will read your post and heed your words of advice. Big problem is that in a few hours or a day or so at most, this thread will go into the history and fall out of the end of the spectrum and few if any will see it.

It will go the way of all posts.

I just think it speaks volumes that a company that refuses to pay employees is handling other
    peoples credit repair....ummmm?

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No, you refuse to admit that you are a CREDIT REPAIR ORGANIZATION. That's the whole issue Bill.

AMAZING how you will respond to EVERY Junum/Lexington thread, but then have a problem when someone/anyone rebuts your claims.

Maybe you should just stop posting anti-CRO messages?

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Here's a new one for you Bill.... Since you refuse to answer the CROA question.......

If you're NOT in Credit Repair, why don't you change the name of your pay-for-hire service to DEBTWRENCH? Otherwise, from what you say, I think it's a big FALSE ADVERTISING claim........

11. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

I'M in credit repair, too! I'm repairing my own credit - I'm even getting paid to do it, if you consider the money I'm saving not paying someone else! : )

I WILL be willing to pay someone else if I have any problems on my own!

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Why should I? You seem to have great fun doing it. I'm just agreeing with the experts of the issue like you.

Sheesh! You bitch when I agree with you and you bitch when I disagree with you. What's really fun is watching you squawk like a duck every time I pull your chain.

Gets to be real hilarious. Every time I pull your chain or rattle your cage I get the same results.
    Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!..... . Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!..... . Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!..... . Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!

I wonder why that is? Never fails. ..... . Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!Squawk! Squawk! Squawk! ..... .

13. PsychDoc

Guys, this thread is about Junum. Please move your conversation about others elsewhere.

Doc

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, Doc, I couldn't agree more. If you look up above there a few posts, you will soon see that we had a nice conversation going and were trying to go somewhere..... .

15. PsychDoc

Bill, name-calling won't help this thread get back on track.

Doc

16. PsychDoc

Well, I just did a little poking around the internet and found some corroboration for the original poster's negative comments regarding Junum. Here are a few interesting nuggets:

"Junum employees are always kept in the dark regarding integral management operations. The Las Vegas office was closed on October 5, 2000, without notification to employees, and to this day, November 27, 90% of them still haven't been paid. David Coulter, CEO, is a lying, cheating, stealing sorry excuse for a chief officer."

"The constant brow-beating, in-office public threats of job termination, and personal deprication were nearly intolerable."

"Only attractive females that David Coulter, CEO, found physically appealing were rewarded for their performance. In fact, they were showered with bonuses and stock options for writing fradulent business deals. The doey-eyed ******* was so love-stricken with these individuals, that he shamefully closed down the office without notification when investors audited the books and the numbers didn't match the dollars. He didn't even have the balls to try and explain the company's situation to those of us who were hard working and dedicated, and he refuses to issue our final checks."

"Employees that had sick spouses or children that needed their attention at home or at school were actually fired because of managements refusal to cut any slack. We worked 10-hour days, and there was no room for lateness or tardiness. It felt like being in some kind of strict catholic nun-school or something."

"I'm seeking legal action for payment due."

Source:
    http://fcke.fastcompany.com/surveyresults.html?cid=1510

Very interesting and a bit sad.

Doc

17. PsychDoc

More corroboration, this time from the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Junum sure sounds like a swell place to work, lol.

Dot-com employees still seeking checks

By TREVOR HAYES
    REVIEW-JOURNAL

Las Vegas employees of a California dot-com that closed its telemarketing offices here Monday still have not been paid.

Many of the employees also allege the company had been collecting fees from new customers without providing services.

A spokeswoman from financial services company junum.com said in a telephone interview from California on Tuesday that the company paid the 50 displaced workers from its Las Vegas call center for the time they had worked, vacation time accumulated and eight additional hours to compensate for any inconvenience.

But when the workers showed up to collect their money Wednesday the doors were locked and there was a note directing employees to contact Employers Resources for their checks.

Former employee Janae Mosier said the only person to show up hung an eviction notice on the door that listed junum.com as behind $11,400 in rent.

The full story:
    http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2000/Oct-12-Thu-2000/business/14589642.html

Doc

18. PsychDoc

Wow, cough, cough, cough, here's more. :)

Some late Junum news, reported by stocklemon.com on October 1. The headlines:

-- Top executives have left the company, including the President, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Vice President of Operations, and Human Resources. The CEO, David Coulter, remains.

-- Numerous claims have reportedly been filed against the company with the California Labor Board for unpaid wages.

-- Junum CEO has alleged links to "a disbarred lawyer who is also has been convicted of fraud and drug charges."

Source:
    http://www.stocklemon.com/Current_Stories/junm_story_update.htm

Whew. Read it for yourself. If such allegations are true, no wonder their employees sometimes dispute positive tradelines. Perhaps their misery interferes with their ability to pay close attention to what they're doing.

Doc

19. PsychDoc

Oh boy, when the faucet leaks it just doesn't stop, LOL.

A web site that tracks companies whose stocks have been "pumped and dumped" via the internet reports Junum, Inc. (OTC: JUNM) on their bad list.

Source:
    http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/stockmarket.html

My lord, when will it end? LOL.

Doc

20. PsychDoc

Finally, looks like Junum is attempting to enter the debt-wrench business themselves, LOL. They've just established a new site whose aim it is to somehow help Americans pay their bills:

http://www.voleran.com

And, for those who are interested, here's the corporate URL for Junum. (No, it's not junum.com)...

http://www.junuminc.com

Finally, if you'd like to see a picture of the strapping young (age 32) CEO himself, David Coulter, click here:

http://www.junuminc.com/pressRoom/lTeamProfile.asp?i=david

That's all the research I care to do, LOL. The end.

Doc