Info on Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tolefairy, Nov 17, 2001.

1. tolefairy

tolefairy New Member

I owe you "big-time", Doc. Thank you so much for taking the time to do that research! I feel vindicated!

And to Bill......I would prefer, at this time, not to discuss my knowledge of the inner workings of Junum and how they treat and "rip-off" their customers......I will save that for court, and after that will disclose all I know. ok?

p.s. I did have a teeny-tiny discussion with Equifax and Experian about them. <G>

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Well, if that's true, then that's another reason consumers might be well advised to be wary of using Junum. If Junum's employees are so angry that they "turn state's evidence," so to speak, that certainly wouldn't portend good things for the customers. After all, we certainly don't want Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union to assemble a list of those using "credit repair" firms, now do we? That sounds like a shortcut to the "frivolous" list, if you ask me, lol.

Anyway, thanks again, tolefairy, for having the courage to speak up. After your legal action is resolved, I hope you'll return to share some stories.

Doc

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If the send "CREDIT REPAIR LETTERS" to people who have NEVER used one...what could they do to people who have used one???

4. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

I don't what this seminar was, so I'll attempt to hold in abeyance most of my judgment. However the claims that no state has a legitmate constitution sounds suspiciously like some of the arguments of militia groups.

Also, regarding "sine die." The latin is simply "without day" At the end of each full session of congress when the reps and the senators go home at the end of the year, the adjourn "sine die." It merely means that this congress has ended and a new one will start in the following year. Congress (not to mention State Legislatures, British and German parliaments, and for the sake of history and ecumenicism, the Roman Senate and the College of Cardinals) all adjourn "sine die." So we are currently in the, what, 105th(?) session of congress. Sometime in December the Congress will adjourn "sine die." In January the next session will start. There is no set procedure that needs to be followed to call congress to order other than the normal start of a congress. Further, the idea that the court system is invalid because of sine die adjournment is specious. The adjournment of congress does not dissolve all three branches of government.

5. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

What is so shameful about this situation is that when we, regular people fall on hard times, we get stuck with an seven to ten year sentence. Corporations and Corporate CEO's get a slap on the wrist, if anything. They start all over, fresh with virtually no consequences.

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Doc:
    The www.volerian.com website only has 5 pages on it and those can all be accessed via the tabs at the top of the page.

That's it, nothing else.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That's OK. It's not all that important to me anyway.

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, there were 3 guys all spouting off the same stuff, and not knowing what they were talking about (legally speaking ) I was not able to know if they were for real or not. I thought their whole argument sounded a bit off the wall and out to lunch to say the least. No, they are not connected to any of the militia groups that I know of and I do know most of the militia groups nationwide, who heads them and what their potential strengths are.

Back before April 19, 1995 the militia groups were growing stronger every day and their talk more and more racous. Then the fateful bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building here in OKC came to pass and they all pretty well dissolved with the exception of what is now known as "The Republic of Texas" and the "MOM" unit up in Montana and a few in Michigan, but none of them now seem to have more than about 5 to 10 members.

Militias generally tend to disavow he law and want no association or confrontations with it. Mostly they are a few gun nuts that just like to play around in the woods on weekends playing soldier boy. We had a real hero here in Oklahoma back then who took out a full page ad in the Tulsa Herald proclaiming himself to be "Colonel of the Oklahoma Militia." Went to the army store and bought himself an officer's uniform and bought a uniform and put bird colonels insignia up on the cap and the shoulders and he was the struttinest thing you ever saw. I always said he would lead the charge up the hill against the enemy from the bottom of an empty missle silo. Turned out he claimed he found a beautiful cave that went 3 miles deep to put his headquarters in.

Another long time friend of mine by the name of Tom was General of the Michigan Militia at one time. He told me he was going to go get enough General's stars to cover his entire uniform because he was so sick and tired of everybody had to be a general that he figured he would make a statement that way. Problem was that all of the army surplus stores were all sold out of general's stars so he couldn't do it. Said he couldn't find even one to buy.

Takes all kinds, don't it? These seminars are generally great. In general, although not up to the par of all the others that I have attended, this one had a couple of really good speakers who did know what they were talking about. But it was really a long ways from the quality of the previous ones.

They will be having another sometime in March after the weather abates, and of course, I will go to that one too, but if it's as bad as this last one was I won't be going anymore.

When one attends these kinds of things, it's just like it is here on the internet. You just have to look at what makes sense and what don't and throw out what don't make sense and keep what does make sense. As one grows in knowledge, one is always more able to sort out the wheat from the chaff. Your posts have helped me to do that greatly. Thanks for your input.

It is deeply appreciated.