Info. re: amex brokerage acct.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Jan 12, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I saw today at work that if you open a brokerage acccount with Amex you can get a gold or platinum card. Just like the Fidelity thing. Amex requires $25,000 (gold) and I think it was $75,000 (plat). I will check again on Monday to see if it has been lowered, the application I saw may have been old. They update forms a lot.

2. Angela

Angela Guest

I looked on the AMEX web site

I couldn't find any card offer associated with opening an account. I am not in any kind of money shape to have an account. But my fiance is. I am always tempted to have him invest the money and let me have a card. Fiance thinks these debit cards are a bunch of baloney. He retired his regular gold card 6 years ago with no regrets. But the cards are sure pretty. Can you tell me where to look for the info on the Amex web site? thanks

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Info. re: amex brokerage a

$75k requirement for Platinum? BYE!

Please find out if they lowed it like Fidelity. Although I still will probably go with Fidelity since I get fee wavers since they hold my 401k. Also, if people were denied Am/Ex Centurion Membership Banking accounts, I'm sure I'll (and those same others) will be denied for their brokerage.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hey I called Amex tonight about unsecuring my optima. the rep said that we dont even have that product anymore. What was she trying to tell me. She said I wouldnot qualify for the optima cause I had been turned down for the green and she was eyeing my credit. I think I will bail out of AMEX. I am 90 % positive that I will mail a payment for full balance and get my little deposit back.

roni

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

What do you mean she was eyeing it? Did she pull up your app. on the screen?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I think so. But like I said. I dont see much future with them and this card Molly. She basically told me I wasnot getting a card.

roni