Informative thread-Collection board

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by motiv8ed, Aug 27, 2003.

1. motiv8ed

motiv8ed Active Member

2. motiv8ed

motiv8ed Active Member

after becoming totally glued to this information I'm beginning to feel disgust. Some of these collection people take this personally...IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY!!! This may be more difficult than I think.

3. cashback

cashback Active Member

Wow, I am in California and don't read newspaper. Can they really sue me not by serving me the paper but publishing it on the newspaper?

To me, it seems like making no sense at all.

4. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

They can because they've never had a consumer who knows his $shit (like Lizard King) come up against them. They are walking a *very* fine line and one of these days, they are going to get their @ss handed to them on a silver platter.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Informative thread-Collection board

1*Can they really sue me not by serving me the paper but publishing it on the newspaper?
    2*To me, it seems like making no sense at all.
    cashback
    ==================
    1*Sure Can
    2*What makes sense is you can't hid or if you do it will cost you the very nasty default judgment.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

6. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Informative thread-Collection board

Its called alternative service. Look at it from another viewpoint. Your spouse runs off, and you fall deeply in love with another person - you want to spend the rest of your life with them, but you can't get married until you get divorced.

Would you like to go thru the rest of your life like this solely because the spouse you wish to divorce cannot be found?

That is the reason for alternative service.

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Nope

8. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

This is the answer you need.

Forget all that other stuff....this is the law!

No matter what state you live in, no matter what you did, they must FIRST TRY TO FIND YOU and serve you personally. If they fail, they then can (sometimes after asking the judge sometimes not) serve you be publicizing the court date in a major newspaper.

That simple.

SnakeMan

9. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

If you read through the whole thing you find out that Bigdaddy was a fraud. He was lying about the whole thing.

He was a troll. See even collection agents get the trolls.