Informing Credit Card Companies about Education Status

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rocketIZ, Jul 16, 2014.

1. rocketIZ

rocketIZ New Member

Hello,

About 6 months ago I opened up a DiscoverIt Credit Card. After 6 months of waiting I finally received a credit score. I also recently graduated with an Associates Degree (and no student loans) and am now working as a freelance filmmaker.

My payments have always been on time, and I do not have any other credit cards, loans, etc. My credit score is quite good at the moment.

Discover asks about my status as a student in the profile. Right now the card is a "student" card and It has me down as graduating in 2016 with a BA rather than 2014 with an AA.

Should I update that info? If I do, I have to supply info such as my degree, employment status, and annual income (something I donâ??t honestly know at the moment). Or could this hurt my credit score long-term?

Thanks!

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

I would say, only if when you applied, you had considered 'income' from student loans, or scholarships when you reported your income to them.

When you know what the new information is, then I would say to update it, who knows, they may see the new information, and think that you qualify for an upgrade after the update.

Congratz.