Inquires

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sally, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Sally

Sally Guest

Hi everyone:

I just recieved my credit reports online. I had (6) inquires on them each. Nextcard pulled both bureaus. (Denied me anyway) my question is I called the bureaus and they will not remove the inquires. Called Nextcard and said I never applied , and still they will not remove. HOW DO YOU REMOVE INQUIRES? Any tips, would be greatful....

2. Shell

Shell Guest

Inquiries are somewhat difficult to remove most of the time. You clearly stated you applied and were denied, I wouldn't think Nextcard would agree to remove since you did apply??

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

When you apply online, they have a clear record of your application. That is VERY difficult to deny. It would be easier to deny a paper application than an electronic one. Your only bet is to write the bureaus and deny the inquiry. Maybe then they wont verify it.

Credit Bureaus's will blow you off on the phone. You should know it should be done in writing so they will not be helpful over the phone. The more knowledgable you are when CALLING the bureaus the more help you get. IN OTHER WORDS, your best bet is to use a form letter to dispute the inquiry. I hope it works out for you..

roni

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Actually Roni, I have been successful in having online inquiries removed. I simply wrote the CRA, told them I wanted a copy of my signed application. I think it was too much trouble for them, so they just removed the items.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

good for you. I have never tried actually. I apply for everything online.

roni