Inquiries and Experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Hello all!!!

I just got off the phone with Experian. I had disputed a tradeline with them and it was deleted. (YEAH!!!) The tradeline company also pulled my report with a hard inquiry. I asked that since the tradeline was deleted, and I never had any business with them, if she could delete the inquiry, since I never had any business with them, the inquiry was done without a permissible purpose. She told me that she CANNOT delete inquiries and that I had to contact the company.

Also, the CSR told me that I CANNOT delete any addresses, just update them.

If I can't delete any of this inaccurate information, how is that fair to me??? Isn't this all against the FCRA???

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Erica

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Good to hear Lizard.

I have 7 inquiries on Experian in the last 12 months. 3 on EQ and none on TU.

Have we on the board ever figured out how long inquiries hurt our score? Is it 6 months or 12?.

Thanks.

P.S. Do you see any value in telephoning Experian to request deletion? I don't.

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: Good to hear Lizard.

Jim,

I had originally called to ask what the outcome of the investigation was, and when I found out that it was deleted, I asked if they could delete the inquiry for the same reason. I did not specifically call to request a deletion of an inquiry.

Erica

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Re: Good to hear Lizard.

You can delete addresses from Experian. I sent them a letter requesting them to do so. I had several variations of my name, variations of my current address and previous address, and several other addresses that I had not lived at in YEARS. I gave them the correct address, 1 previous address and asked that all other addresses be deleted! Gave them the correct name information (first last, first middle initial last, first middle last) and asked that all other misspellings be deleted and they did. I even had my ex boyfriend listed on there as my spouse and had that deleted also!

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Jim

I believe that only iquiries within the last 12 months are figured into your scores. I realize they stay on reports for 2 years, but all the reasoning codes specify 12 months, so I think if they are within last 12 months they have an impact.

Mom:)

6. Himmel

Himmel Guest

MP$40

MP$40,

I must have 6 or 7 variations of my name. Some with a middle initial which I don't use. Experian says they report this according to what my creditor's report and can't remove it because of fraud prevention or something.

The thing is, all my past/current utilities, cc companies etc.. have my name spelled correctly. I sent them the copies of utility bills, driver's license, ssn, and yet they refuse to remove all those other variations of my name.

The name variations annoy the heck out of me every time I look at my Experian report. ~sigh*

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: MP$40

MP$40
    Author: Himmel (---.kochind.com)
    Date: 03-27-01 22:45

MP$40,

I must have 6 or 7 variations of my name. Some with a middle initial which I don't use. Experian says they report this according to what my creditor's report and can't remove it because of fraud prevention or something.

The thing is, all my past/current utilities, cc companies etc.. have my name spelled correctly. I sent them the copies of utility bills, driver's license, ssn, and yet they refuse to remove all those other variations of my name.

The name variations annoy the heck out of me every time I look at my Experian report. ~sigh*

Reply To Message__U need to contact the parties reporting the incorrect names:

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: MP$40

1. It *is* possible to have addresses deleted over the phone.
    2. They entered some BS info pertaining to my address, saying this was an "anti-fraud measure" and won't be deleted. Diputing didn't help. I called, telling them this call is a last good faith attempt to resolve the matter without litigation. They've put me on hold for 2 minutes, and then told me it would be deleted. It was.

They'd actually use an "anti-fraud" argument to place fraudulent info in your file, and won't let you dispute it until threatened w/ litigation.

Saar