Inquiries..WHICH ONES DO WE DELETE?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rmk1825, Jul 9, 2001.

1. rmk1825

rmk1825 Member

Hey,

When I look at my credit report for TU, I see two sections for inquiries. One section says

1) The following companies have received your credit report. Their inquiries remain for 2 years.

I have a total of 11 there. 5 of them are "TU
    Consumer Disclosure." The other 6 include

1. ConsumerInfo.com, 3/13/2001
    2. PostProperties (tenant screening), 10/13/2000
    3. MBNA, 6/30/2000
    4. Neiman Marcus, 1/29/2000
    5. American Credit Educator, 9/3/1999
    6. QSpace, 8/11/1999

It says that the TU Consumer Disclosure are not viewed by creditors.

Question: If those 5 TU Consumer Disputes are not viewed by creditors, do they affect your score at all?

Out of these 12 , which ones should I dispute? What do I say when I dispute these items? Does it hurt to use these other online credit agencies (QSpace, ConsumerInfo.com, etc) when getting your credit report?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ANYTIME YOU CAN GET A "HARD" INQUIRY REMOVED...DO IT!!!

"SOFT" SUPPOSEDLY DON'T HURT YOU...BUT ONLY F.I.C.O. KNOWS FOR SURE!!!!

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I agree George.

I have been on a roll disputing EVERY hard inquiry starting with the ones that do not correspond to a line of credit I have and continuing until I have disputed and removed them all. With the online dispute features of late, it is very easy to just keep disputing over and over...they will drop em. There is no place for them to write "PREVIOUSLY VERIFIED" so I think when re-disputing inquiries over and over, it will be easier to get them removed than other negative items.

-Dave

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

With "PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE" meaning anything they want it to mean...there are many more inquiries than ever before...

LIKE MY FAVORITE...THE INSURANCE COMPANY SEEING HOW I DRIVE BY MY CREDIT REPORT!!!

(I PAY IN FULL BEFORE COVERAGE STARTS...SO THEY ARE NOT A CREDITOR)...JUST MY OPINION...

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

how do you dispute a inquiry online with tu?

I keep on getting the "permissable purpose" letter from tu, how can I get them to remove my inquiries.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Nope, that would only get you their blah blah form-letter regarding inquiries.

Saar

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Oh I see you can't dispute Inquiries from there but you can other items...hmmm never tried a TU inquiry (don't have any to dispute). Sorry I thought any inquiry could be done there.

-Dave

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey lizard,

I am "laughing with you" about your strategy for deleting TU inquiries!!

Keep us posted guy.

P.S. Take this post as a compliment.

My score so far at killing hard inquiries.

EX - was 12 / Now 11 ( 1 confirmed kill)

EQ - was 3 / Now 2 and soon to be 1 (1 confirmed kill and 1 probable kill )

TU - was 1 / No kill yet but working on it.

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Lizard,
    I agree totally with you in regard to disputes with EQ and TU. My dispute kills are via the "lender".

I am hoping Experian proves to be as easy as you indicated on another thread a while back. Otherwise, I am going after the "lenders".

Best regards - Jim