Inquiries? Who to complain to -FTC?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jun 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. river

river Well-Known Member

I DEMAND THAT THIS THREAD BE CLOSED

Let me be the one to put an end to this dreaded hypothetical thread by saying that: I am responsible for my own actions and I will take the responsibility for my actions,but who are you to scold another quote:for being out of line.Mister get a life and stop whining.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I will ignore this person callled "Sister girl". Anyone reading the thread can easily see why.

Best wishes to the decent people on the board.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Re: Inquiries? Who to complain to -

Saar:

I went to looking over some of these back posts on this thread, and I came across your post where you state that creditors don't have to take it with inquiries any more than they do with bad reports.

Can you please quote your "authority" on your statement?

Now then, before you get suspicious of my motives, I guarantee you in advance that my motive is to learn something, not come up with some stupid put-down. You will get none of that from me on this issue. Flat out guaranteed, no put-downs or wisecracks.

I just want to learn something.
    I see somebody down the line is demanding that this thread be shut down, so if necessary, please answer me by email or by post in another thread if this one gets shut down before you answer me.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

No, because that wasn't my statement. Please re-read my post. I said:

"In case of an unauthorized inquiry, you [the consumer] do not 'have to take it w/ the creditor' any more than you would have to w/ an account that's not yours."

Of course, the FCRA *allows* you to take it w/ the creditor, but absolutely does not make it a precondition for disputing it w/ the bureaus.

Saar

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Saar:

It appears that you misunderstood what I was asking for. I should have been more clear or more specific and it'a my fault, of course. Forgive me.

What I wanted to know was the 15 USC 1681 subsection that came from if that's were it came from and if not where?

I didn't/don't want to argue, just go read if for myself. Sorry I misled you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.