Inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

How long do inquiries hurt your score? I thought it was one year, but why do the CRA keep inquiries for 2 years? WTF?

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Shantel:

I strongly believe it is for 2 years. MO from most CRA is that your score is most affected by things on report within the last two years, whether negatives, positives or inquiries.

Cyprigirl:)

3. Shantel

Cyprigirl...thanks for the info. And for the record...that sucks s**t.

4. Shantel

Someone around here said they disputed inquiries with Equifax and had them removed? Who was that? How'd you do it? Did you do it online? If so, did you use Privista or Equifax's site directly?

I have 13 inquiries (2 more to come probably) in the last 6 months and I'd SURE like to get rid of them if I can....that's my #1 reason code. Hell, my collection account is listed 2nd at this point!

So HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPP!

5. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Shantel,2 years for hard.1year for soft.

6. Shantel

I'm with you on that LizardKing. I'd like to get rid of some of them....question, how can they validate that YOU authorized the inquiry? (i.e. If you applied online, etc).

Thanks

7. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

The problem with disputing inquiries, is the CRA's will give you the line that the FCRA does not state you have to authorize inquiries...this is subject to interpetation IMHO. I have disputed some with the creditors and they were removed, next step will be to follow LK's path and file a suit.

8. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

On the subject of inquiries, has anyone seen their hard inquiries drop after two years? I have quite a few that are approaching two years in Nov. Should I expect these to be removed by Dec.?

Kat

9. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Kat,yes you should.