Inquiry from ID-FDR Credit &

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by IncomeHelp, Aug 2, 2001.

1. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

I noticed an inquiry from "ID-FDR Credit & Customer Service" on my Equifax report dated 7/21 of this year. Does anyone know who this is?

I tried a search online but have not found anything.

Thanks,
    John

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Call EQUIFAX and ask for more information and a phone #...they have to give it to you...or they MAY just delete it on the spot if you tell them "I never applied for credit with that company"...

GOOD LUCK.

3. mj

mj Well-Known Member

FDR = First Data Resources, part of First Data Corporation. They do processing for MANY credit card companies (statements, new cards, applications, etc.). They also have a collections arm that does skip tracing, collections,etc.

They also own Western Union and TeleCheck.

The ID entry indicates just a social security #, name, or address match. It doesn't count as a 'hard' inquiry.

Maybe you wrote a big check lately or ???

I wouldn't worry. ID's are only reported to YOU and don't affect your score.

-mj

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I would try to get rid of it anyway...
    "I never applied for credit with that company"...

5. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

this is inquiry from obtaining a cobaltcard from american express...

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

What happened to NO inquiry???

7. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Offhand as I recall, AMEX said, "no credit check", but as we've seen with Nana and some others here, they do need to verify identification, name and address match. This would be a valid way of doing that withou violating their promise.

I don't remember if such an entry was on my own CR's after getting my CobaltCard, but that doesn't mean much.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WERE TALKING ABOUT A "GLORIFIED" GIFT CARD HERE...Would you give your SS# or let JC PENNEYS, SEARS, or TARGET run a gredit report to get a GIFT CARD?????

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

GEORGE

READ MY LIPS. CHECKING I.D. IS NOT THE SAME AS CHECKING CREDIT. COBALT TELLS YOU UP FRONT THEY ARE GOING TO CHECK YOUR I.D.

EQUIFAX HAS A SPECIAL I.D. SERVICE. IT DOES NOT CHECK YOUR FULL REPORT, JUST YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS. TO DO IT, THEY HAVE TO HAVE YOUR SSN.

BREEZE

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

My Equifax has the following after receiving Cobalt - DTC-Cobalt Cards

What does DTC stand for?

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I did a search, Nana, nobody seems to know the exact meaning, but it appears to be a soft inquiry. AmEx looking at potential cardholders?????

They can peek anytime they want to now, hehe.

breeze

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EX-SQUEEZE-ME...

13. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

I followed George's advice and called to try to get it removed. They gave me a company to call. I'll have to post that information tomorrow. It is a hard inquiry though. Not a soft one like an id check.

John

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Shoot...wish they had "peeked" after BK removal! :(

15. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

John,

Who told you it is a hard INQ? I was told it was not considered an INQ.

breeze

16. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I have recently had an ID inquiry and it was coded correctly on Equifax as and ID inquiry.

Mine was for a company which does ACH transfers between your bank accounts for you (I do it thru Yahoo). They revealed upfront that a credit report would be accessed and I had expected a hard inquiry because I did agree to it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that is was only an ID inquiry.

Also, to verify my ID they asked me what the amount of my mortgage payment was so when they access under an ID verification they must also have access to other elements of your file.

BTW, I love this transfer ability. I have direct deposits into my credit union checking account which is what all of my fixed payments come out of. I have another account now with a local bank for discretionary spending money accessed by ATM. I used to pay ATM fees for ever ATM transaction because my credit union does not have any affiliated networks in my area. Now I just transfer a sum thru Yahoo and get free transactions for my cash withdrawals. The local checking account is also free as long as I keep $100 minimum balance.

Cool!

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

DLO? Did you get a hard inquiry from Cobalt??

Hmmm...wondering now!